Lighting (Visual Check up!)

HowardofNOVA

I'll be holding off until I return from my second trip to FL on the 10th. Will need to order 2 bulbs of (TBD) then.

Howard

Woah woah - don't go ordering bulbs just yet. I need some too but I'm waiting

to see the color rendition of the XMs 10ks before I decide....

Is it time for a bulb group order?

27855[/snapback]

The 250 Iwasaki' shad the best PAR in the lighting tests across the board. I would be interested in what you mean by color issues __too yellow? Can this be compensated for by Actinic suplement?

The 250 Iwasaki' shad the best PAR in the lighting tests across the board. I would be interested in what you mean by color issues __too yellow? Can this be compensated for by Actinic suplement?

27861[/snapback]

IMO yes if you look at cowrie's tank they have 6500k and actinics. to me it looks very white. i tried in my tank without actinics and it was very yellow. now that i have actinics who knows what ill do.

lee what was that frag you gave me? its awsome and it seems to grow fast.

7:59pm EVERYONE MUST LEAVE

8:00pm Beautiful Single Ladies can show up now?

B)

Howard

27816[/snapback]

LOL!! Single lady hog!! ah to be single again......... :thinking2:

Alright Gary!

You can bring 3 and leave with one :P

Gary - I do not remember what you got from me- Is it a digitatas?- in which case it is either green or orange as that is all I brought to give away- If it looks like an acropora - It is the green bali slimer- they grow fast and color up nicely under halides and actinics- If anyone is looking for a peice I would be happy to frag it again- PM me- It originally came from Grav this summer and I have fragged it several times- It does grow well!

I just completed a change from 250w - 10k AB bulbs w/2 - 140w 03s

to the XM10Ks w/140w o3s. It took about 30 days for 3.

The XMs appear to be brighter and whiter than the AB 10Ks which the say is actually like 12-14K.

I like the color of the ABs better so far.

Howard caught about 30 fish in the Keyes today and is stuck going scuba diving tomorrow.

Hey gang,

Around 2pm is still looking fine for Sat.

Hopefully will be done with Steve's move by then.

I'm getting pretty doubtful about moving the tank later in the day.

X is in Ecuador and returning the 1st and between taking care of my girls this week and getting ready for my buisness trip next week, will probably have to hold off until mid April for move. BUT will be ready for the "GREAT LIGHT SHOW"! :P

Update from my vacation in FL,

Monday, went out of St Augustine FL with a friend and my daughters about 13 miles off shore fishing, had a great trip, we caught about 30+ fish and had a school of about 2 dozen porpoises come up along side of the boat.

Tuesday went Scuba around Tavernier Key, but with 6' waves crashing along boat on way out, 1/2 the boat got sea sick including yours truely. NOT FUN chuming at 35' below the surface let alone on deck in front of all those pretty ladies! Of course they where hanging over the sides from me doing the same... :rolleyes2:

Wed., was Snorkeling around Holiday Isle in Islamardo FL and swam up ON TOP of a 6' Nurse Shark and swimming along dredged channel in swimming area saw about a 100 FL Lobsters....cool!

Thur, back on boat fishing off shore and had about 9' shark circling boat...just too much fun!

Friday, back in Jacksonville at cousin's, awoke to Tornado about 1/2 mile South of house.

THANK THE LORD I'M Home!

.....still can't figure out how I got that GREEN Goldfish in my tank though?

Howard

swimming area saw about a 100 FL Lobsters....cool!

That's not a lob-stah, that's a salt-wa-tah crayfish. Sounds like an interesting trip !

Seeing discoloring on some of my corals. I finished a change over from AB10Ks to XM10Ks about 10 days ago. I did not change the 140w - 03s yet.

While I believe I have the light bleaching of some colonies under control, I'm not liking the results in my tank to the XMs. As I said above, they appeared whiter and brighter.

In the last 45 days, I have not done anything else other than change a bulb every 10 days or so.

I can not attend your lightfeast on Saturday however I thought you'd like to hear this for discussion during.

Have fun and don't get to lite... :D

So sorry, but I've been called out of town for this weekend. If you need to borrow the Iwasaki's, just let me know and someone can pick them up from my house.

Who's the designated photographer on this event? I wanna see the pics!

OK Here is the latest:

9:30am at Steve's helping him move his tank! Should be at my place by 2PM.

2:30pm-5pm on 2Apr at my place:

2927 Rogers Drive, Falls Church VA 22042. Cell: 703-899-6209

Demo's So Far: (To be constantly updated)

MH (I have a Blueline 250w Ballast so far and Workhorse5 for single 110w VHO)

Howard Radium 10k 250W & AB 10K 250W

Ghazanfar USHIO 10K 250W?

GaryL XM 10K & 20K?

Eriks CV 14K 175w, 250w 14K Phoenix, AB 10K and ballast?

Lee Stearn DE Stuff, 10K AB, VHO?

GLENN Has IWASAKI 250 if someone can p/u and bring for him...not coming.

Mike "OUSnakebyte" XM10k 150HQI

Anyone else have anything to see, please bring along! See you then!

VHO (I have a Workhorse 5 Ballast for single 110w so far)

Howard Sun 110W 10K & Actinic 03

5pm Will not move tank this weekend, thanks for the offer, just too much going on to get it ready to move! Thanks for the offers, will like to take a rain check?

6:00pm CHIP will do a surprise stop in with Lobster, Crack Crab, Fillets and Prime Rib...... We can ALL PM him and thank him for these in advance! :P

7:00pm Mike will do Fly Over Demonstation one day in advance, bring your camera's! :rolleyes:

7:59pm EVERYONE MUST LEAVE

8:00pm Beautiful Single Ladies can show up now?....ah....still waiting for RSVP from women.....hello.....does anyone here me???

Howard

PS, Down stairs for those who don't know has been in remodeling stage for last 7 months, leave Tux's and Evening Gowns at home, so this will not be FORMAL Dress.

Howard, I've a Iwasaki 250W and two different Icecap ballasts I can supply if you guys are interested. I don't know that I could hang for very long - I've got my minor comprehensive exam for my degree in a week.

Thanks Steve,

Appreciate DONATING THEM, I mean loaning them to us :)

Hope you can stay for a while?

Howard

Thanks gang, see you all tomorrow!

Howard

HOWARD WANT'S TO PUSH THIS TO 3:00.

They are heading to Steve's house in Woodbridge now.

He will be back late.

He also plans to get a fruit tray, and also decided to pick up the lobster & prime rib himself.

No need to bring chicks with you, he's been by the local High school and made arrangements for each of you. Bring gum and candy.

HOWARD WANT'S TO PUSH THIS TO 3:00.

They are heading to Steve's house in Woodbridge now.

He will be back late.

He also plans to get a fruit tray, and also decided to pick up the lobster & prime rib himself.

No need to bring chicks with you, he's been by the local High school and made arrangements for each of you. Bring gum and candy.

28852[/snapback]

:D

Thanks guys for putting up with my tardiness.

Steve was a real slave driver with his tank! :P

Demo went great, unfortunately everyone took their own bulbs home with them!

DARN!!!! :rolleyes:

Gary and I both took pictures and will try to post.

Quick Comments:

#1 Toss up between the USHIO and XM bulbs, down to preference again.

I'm going to place a bulb order around the 15th, will talk after my return from my 3000 mile road trip this week.

Talk with you all then!

Howard

Thanks for hosting Howard- We'll have to figure out how to get your tank stable enough to keep SPS- Once you move it to where you want it in that room- We need to get you some Digitatas. That would be a bell weather for what is happening in the tank. I always have bits and peices of Green digi that gets fragged by my ham fisted arrangements or sevicing in my tanks.

Regards,

Lee

Hey folks,

I'm back in the office today, arrived after 3023 miles business trip last night around 10pm after driving 523 miles yesterday non-stop from Greenville SC....of course an old friend called me on the way home to LMK that she was in the town from TX and we all met to go out dancing until 2:30 last night....must have sleep!

ALSO Thanks to Mike, Chip, Lee and David for offering to watch my 90g tank while I was sitting on my butt for about 6000 miles over the last 3 weeks! Great job all, especially Mike!

ALSO, my 10g office tank survived as well.

BAD NEWS, Was in the office today and boss called me to inform that one of my co-workers Tom (50) who was in excellent shape, good looking GQ type guy went to bed Th. night complaining to family that he was tired, passed away in his sleep!

AWFUL news for all. My wishes to his family! Scary to see a guy who worked out daily to pass away so suddenly like that. Goes to show, that when the good LORD says it's your turn, not much you can do about it! So live each day likes it's your last!

Will try to post the pictures from the light demo this week. Some turned out fine.

Howard

Gary,

You stole my thunder, but you have the same problem that I have, pictures but failed to write down what they are.

Here is one that I'm sure of:

Iwasaki 6500k (Steve) vs AB10K (Chip):

122Ushio6_5k_vs_AB10K-med.jpg

I'm looking to put in an order early next week. Will start a new thread, but not sure if I'll have enough room on c/c to cover a large order at Heliolights.

Howard