Need some advice on a new RO Unit

Neal

Hello,

I have a 34G Solana and have been running on the same RO unit for about 5 years. I have changed all of the filters except for my RO filter. Well finally my TDS meter says it is time for a new one. Also, anyone have a good way of adding Di to my system?

Anyone have a good place to purchase either new filters or a whole new system.

Here is a link to my current system: http://www.amazon.com/Reverse-Osmosis-Storage-Removes-Fluoride/dp/B002LHDL7E

Thanks,

Neal

Hey Neal, just get a new membrane and restrictor valve from one of the vendors (most of them stock it) or order from some place online. To add a DI chamber, all you need is another canister and toss a DI filter in there. It is the last stage after the membrane. FYI, you don't need the 5th stage that you have on there if it's still the same as what is on Amazon. That's often referred to as a "taste" filter and can even add TDS back to your filtered water. You can also purchase DI cartridges that are similar to that one, but it's much cheaper to just get a refillable DI chamber. You can even buy the canisters at the hardware store and then just order some bulk DI resin and a refillable container.

+1 AWI

I have a similar one and you need to run the post membrane water to the check valve -then a "T" going to your storage tank and the other going to a newly replaced taste filter then out to your faucet.

the other post membrane line can go out to the DI then your bucket

http://www.airwaterice.com/product/ADDVERTDI/Vertical-Color-Changing-DI-Adder-Kit.html

Edited by bluefunelement