DI Media

bbyatv

AWI,

I purchased a 5 pound bag of mixed bed DI resin on 6/17/10 (Invoice #ZOOVY20170). When I received the media I noticed it was a different color than normal. I have purchased many bags of this media in the past. Normally it is a dark blue/green/purple color. In the last order, it is a light green color. I thought maybe it was just a change in supplier to you or something. But now it has been a month or so and the media is not perfroming like previous batches. All of the media does not change color when it is spent. I have two DI chambers and both are spent, but both have exactly half the media changed color in them. The media that you sent looks like maybe it was not mixed bed resin but rather Cation DI resin. The picture on the AWI web site for the Cation DI resin 5 Pound bag looks like what I received. If I had only purchased a small amount, I would not mind so much. But in this case, I spent close to $60 with shipping.

Can you please let me know what might be going on?

Thaks for any help.

Bruce York

AWI has taken care of this issue.

This is the second time AWI has resolved a concern I had by going above and beyond what I expected.

I appreciate the fact that AWI cares so much about customer satisfaction.

This is a great company to work with and purchase reef products from.

Bruce York

AWI,

I purchased a 5 pound bag of mixed bed DI resin on 6/17/10 (Invoice #ZOOVY20170). When I received the media I noticed it was a different color than normal. I have purchased many bags of this media in the past. Normally it is a dark blue/green/purple color. In the last order, it is a light green color. I thought maybe it was just a change in supplier to you or something. But now it has been a month or so and the media is not perfroming like previous batches. All of the media does not change color when it is spent. I have two DI chambers and both are spent, but both have exactly half the media changed color in them. The media that you sent looks like maybe it was not mixed bed resin but rather Cation DI resin. The picture on the AWI web site for the Cation DI resin 5 Pound bag looks like what I received. If I had only purchased a small amount, I would not mind so much. But in this case, I spent close to $60 with shipping.

Can you please let me know what might be going on?

Thaks for any help.

Bruce York

No, They changed suppliers. They have made it right by me. I am going to give them some feedback on the new stuff by doing some comparisons.

Bruce

I'm glad it all worked out. Was it an issue of shipping the wrong stuff?