150 redux

I've been working on another redux- A 150 built into a wall mounted bookcase with a sump, r/o reservoir, and salt mix tank. Powered by an AC3.

This tank had a 6' Current Outer Orbit that kept the tank at 80+ degrees even with a chiller. I switched the lights to 6) PAR 38's and now the temp stays around 78.

I had NAGA make a custom top off container and made a new salt mix tank. These are both connected to an external drain to prevent accidental overflows and flooding. The ATO is a JBJ ATO unit powered by an Aqualifter. The sump is a cheapo Eshopps 1/4" acrylic- we'll see if NAGA will make a better one. The old skimmer fit into the sump cabinet with 1/8" to spare- you could just barely take off the collection cup and tip it to drain it. Sometimes the skimmate would spill all over the place or back into the sump.

I had AVAST make a custom cone to fit into hte space with plenty of room to spare. It works great.

Everything is controlled by the AC3. Water changes are simple now- Turn off main pump, pump water from sump down drain, refill sump from salt mix tank, turn main pump back on. All with a few buttons pushed. No more wet hands.

I still need to put a drain on the sump, do some cable and hose management and then it will be complete.

Here are some pics-

gallery_2631654_582_517391.jpg

gallery_2631654_582_425309.jpg

gallery_2631654_582_675796.jpg

gallery_2631654_582_86025.jpg

Rob,

What kind of optics are on the PAR38s? I have to admit I'm intrigued by the idea of LEDs, but I'm not sure I could get used to the way it looks on long tanks...like alternating pillars of light and darkness. Maybe wider optics would change that.

Also, where did you find those red snap clips for the RO fittings?

Jon

Those are all 60 degree optics. The only reason why it appears like that- (light, dark, light, etc) is because the water is cloudy. When the water is crystal clear, you can't see it. The clips are from The Water Filter Store.