missing refractometer cover

treesprite

My old refractometer is missing the acrylic flap cover thing, and it would be nice to be able to have that refractometer as a back up. If I use the same thing as a cover every time, can I just do an initial calibration to the newer refractometer? Like, make sure the good refractometer is calibrated, put make-shift cover on old refractometer and turn old one's calibration screw until reading matches the good refractometer?

I have another one, I just wanted to be able to use this for backup rather than toss it. Thanks for the offer though :)

Depending on what kind you have you can purchase the covers relatily cheaply from a vender they screw in with a glasses screw driver anyway I have 1 extra one if you can take a picture of your refractormeter I will tell you if it will fit please include demensions.

you can buy just the ring that goes around and plastic thingy for about $10. I need one as well, will look for a linky.

Thanks for the link. I don't know if that flap would work - mine is the kind that flips open in the direction of in front of the refractometer, and stays attached on the front corners on little peg things on the refractometer body.

Figure out how it attaches? SCREWS or Do you have to dismantle and recalibrate

I just noticed that one of the little peg things is broken off. When the flap first came off, I know I put it somewhere that I figured it would be "safe".... I guess that meant safe from me ever seeing it again.

my pin through the plexi rusted out and I did the same, put it in a "safe" place to fix, which is why I need another...