Hi Nice to meet you all.

gwweber

Just saying hi.. Have been an avid aquarist or many years. have done salt many years ago and it was very difficult back then. Have been doing fresh forever. After picking up a biocube on craigslist I have the bug again (hook line and sinker). Just started a 75 gallon reeftank, cheated of course and bought a tank 65 gal high, that had been running for three years which included 65 gals of used water and 120 lbs of very alive sand. Hmm, then it was time for live rock, after getting screwed trying to buy rock online (thks for using credit card) i shopped for it on craigslist and got 100 lbs of very nice liverock with many soft corals and several hard corals and set up my tank. VERY HAPPY NOW.

As i said i am hooked again, but it is so much simpler now then it used to be. My last salt tank, maybe 25 years ago was a 220 and I had all kinds of need fish but we never had live rock and the undergravel filters we were using were very old school.

Well, i am interested in growing coral and hope i bought the right light for the tank. I bought a 6 bulb T5 with moonlights and two timers buile in.

Do i need a calcium reactor, i have a good sumb with a refugium build it and a Aquac remora pro for a skimmer. \

Any suggestons would be helpfull

Tks and excuse the typos as i just had shoulder surgery and am using my pain meds for an excuse. Truth is that when i dont need the meds i still typo a lot.

Good to be here and will be posting stuff i have for sale and buying stuff too.

Welcome! The light setup you have is perfect for corals. How old are the bulbs? What types of corals do you plan on keeping?

You only need the calcium reactor if you plan on keeping a lot of stoney corals or clams. I normally don't run one on a tank that size. There are other options like kalk or two part additives that may work better for a tank that size.

i bought a 6 light t5 setup with moonlights, hmm maybe i should just keep the lighs for that price sigh

Welcome, very much a nub here myself. Alot of great help here.

Tony

I'm soooo glad to see im nut the only nub here :lol2: