Help How fast should I raise the CA level?

wfoxfox

Between Doug telling me months ago that I need to start dosing and Sean working with me on test kits,etc, I finally tested for CA. The first test was 300 and the 2nd was 340, so I am way below the 410 to 420, I believe, I am shooting for. How fast should I raise it? I have some Tropic Marin Bio-Calcium that I can add by the spoonful.

Also, if I cant squeeze a kalk stirrer into the base area of my tank along with the fuge, should I just get rid of the fuge? I have my tank too close to the wall to hang the fuge where it belongs :-(

TIA

<30 per day I would say. Many great tanks with CA levels that stay at 350 to 360 in the club though (ie copps for example). Though security at the higher no problem.

I have raised my Ca levels by that much in one day with no problems. Nothing scientific, only that I have done that with no noticed ill effects. Of course more gradual makes sense to be better.

I would take a large glass and fill with tank water. Then disolve the amount of powder you want to add in the glass.

Pour 1/3 of the glass in every hour. This should work with out any shock occuring.

David