cleaner shrimp

Noobalicious

(edited)

I have only ever seen my cleaner shrimp do a quick run over the sides of my tang, and even then that was only when the tang first went in the tank.

Tonight was the first "real cleaning" I've seen performed, and it was really interesting to watch.

Lawnmower blenny perches on a rock and then the smaller of the cleaner shrimp runs up to him. went up and down both sides and ran through the little cirri on his head too. the part that was most interesting to watch was when the blenny flared his gills and the shrimp spent about 3-4 minutes each side with it's arms up inside the gills.The blenny just sat there like nothing was happening and never fliched when the shrimp poked around.

It's one thing to see a thorough cleaning in a nature fils, but to get to see it in my own tank was pretty nice :)

Edited by Noobalicious

Wait until your doing your tank he will clean your hand just as nice!

I have had them clean cuts on my hands before, but was beginning to think none of the fish were sitting still long enough for them to offer their services to them.

Are cleaner shrimp hard to keep? Thanks, Frank

Nope. Fairly easy in my experience. I dont give mine any special attention.

HTH

I just witnessed my cleaner shrimp chasing my baby occelris out of the anomee so they could eat the pellets that fell on it!