I think I'm done with Chemipure

sen5241b

Very, very interesting article!

HLLE and Activated Carbon: Looking for a Link | Coral Magazine

I'm not going to remove my carbon but I am going to make absolutely sure its totally rinsed and not bleeding a trace of carbon when I put it in the tank. I'll be watching the results of this study. Everyone loves Chemi-pure and talks it up a lot but I've never seen anything bleed so much carbon into a tank. Becuase its crushed so finely you can't rinse it enough and they tell you on the directions NOT to rinse it!

I would be very curious to read the article as well. I am curious if anything definitive has come up. I have heard so many theories and opinions but nothing conclusive.

I'd be interested as well to see if they have anything more than anecdotal evidence (I can provide anecdotal evidence based on my own experiences but can't back up the science behind it). FWIW, I don't believe that chemi-pure is that dangerous given that it's passive in how it's used. I used the chemi-pure bags for years and never got the type of HLLE that I get with carbon reactors tumbling carbon.

I strongly believe that over use of, and under rinsing carbon can contribute to HLLE, have been for close to 4 years.

That study is exactly what I am looking forward to seeing. I lok forward to seeing the results.