Movingh Anemone

WaterDog

There's this nice RBTA that I got that had settled in the front of the tank, nice to look at, easy to see. But as of this morning, it decided to move behind that rock. Normally I'd be ok with an anemone moving, but now that it's in the back you can't really see it and it's going to be a pain to feed. Is there any way to 'entice' it to move back up front?

Ive always heard people say to change the flow, point a PH towards it. That should make it move to a more comfortable spot, but no way to know where it may end up.

I would give it some time to move around, chances are it is going to move some more. I had my baby bubble tip go for a walk over the last few days. I would give it a few days to makes it self comfortable and I would not worry about feeding it right now.

Ive always heard people say to change the flow, point a PH towards it. That should make it move to a more comfortable spot, but no way to know where it may end up.

That's what I may end up doing, it's kind of out of any flow at the moment though, so I may have to get a little handheld powerhead.

I would give it some time to move around, chances are it is going to move some more. I had my baby bubble tip go for a walk over the last few days. I would give it a few days to makes it self comfortable and I would not worry about feeding it right now.

That's what I was thinking, except I've had it for a few weeks already. Do they still move around after that?

Do they still move around after that?

Yes, they can and will move at anytime for what seems like no reason at all. Of the few that I have some will sit in one place for years while others move around every month.

(edited)

Thanks for the advice so far.

Do anemones move when they want to split? Because this morning that's what it looks like:

gallery_2632200_728_378022.jpg (The Wrasses and gramma picked now to be photogenic)

I was planning on doing a weekly water change today. If the anemone is splitting, is it safe to carry through with this?

Edited by WaterDog

Yes, they sometimes move to a secure spot so nothing will harm them. The picture isn't clear but it does look like it may be splitting. If it is you will know in a few hours.

Just leave it alone it will be fine, there are 6 anems in Tina and I's shared tank they do this all the time.