Essential ellements of a koi pond lecture

johnnybv

(edited)

The Potomac Valley Aquarium society (PVAS) has asked me to speak on koi pond construction, so I thought I would offer this up to any WAMAS members that are interested in building a pond.

My talk begins at 1:00 Saturday, May 1st and will last about an hour. I have presented this presentation twice at Koi America, and the feedback has been excellent. I have jazzed this one up with a little more about the store and the Marine stuff we have. If you are interested you are welcome to come, meet some people from PVAS, which it mostly fresh water , but a great group of people to rub elbows with. Who know we may even get a bunch to join us on the dark side! The address is Acres School, 4401 Sideburn Road, Fairfax, Virginia.

Hope to see you there.

john

PS I am not going by the shop before I come, so I can not bring any Hanna meters with me.

Edited by johnnybv

I can't make it but am otherwise very interested in learning about ponds. Will it be recorded and available on youtube or some other media site?

crud - to short notice for me. Would have loved to attended to maybe get some pointers for my pondS. As Johnny knows, I have a 4K pond in the back yard. Some good size koi and quite a few plants - but right now it's teeming with to much green water. We also have 3 plastic ponds flowing into each other in the front yard - about 400g total. Mostly small koi/goldfish in the bottom and lots of plants in the upper two - NO green water.

My little pond seems to follow the same pattern each year. Clear and clean, then it gets green, then the various water plants start to grow, and about the time I want to throw algae killer in there - it clears up again. Just wish I could find a way to economically keep some pond lettuce from year to year.

bob

My little pond seems to follow the same pattern each year. Clear and clean, then it gets green, then the various water plants start to grow, and about the time I want to throw algae killer in there - it clears up again. Just wish I could find a way to economically keep some pond lettuce from year to year.

bob

Dont know that it is going to be recorded, but I do have a written transcipt/publication that you can request next time you are at the shop.

It is also available on our website here click the last link on how to build a pond, its in powerpoint. How to build a koi pond

I just read through that powerpoint file. Thanks for posting it, great info there! I will use that when planning my pond. Maybe in a year or two.

I just read through that powerpoint file. Thanks for posting it, great info there! I will use that when planning my pond. Maybe in a year or two.

Glad it was helpful, I have been asked to publish it, but have not had the time to take it from presentation form, to book form....

john