Biocube 8

Aaron

Haven't posted any updates in a while and thought it would be nice to share a current pic of the Biocube.

Things are growing like crazy, some of them almost invasively (Xenia) :rolleyes:

post-2632052-127222765395_thumb.jpg

You may want to watch the green stuff in the lower right hand corner it looks leefy and I had caulerpa destory my nano in a few months. Best wishes Troy

Troy, thanks for the heads-up.

Definitely looks like Caulerpa, two types actually. Not sure how it got in the display - must have come in on some rock as a hitchhiker.

I've been pruning it back periodically. It does grow fairly quickly, but hasn't gotten a stronghold on the tank so far.

My nitrates are undetectable, have been for a long time now.

I have to assume that Phosphate is fueling the stuff, and I must admit I don't have a phosphate test kit in my bag of tricks - looks like it's time to get one.

My RODI water tests 0 ppm on the TDS meter before I mix my change water.

Wonder if there's a possibility of Phosphate being introduced with my salt mix? I think I remember reading about that somewhere in the past.

Anyway, I pulled out the Remora Nano and I'm going to skim for a while and see if that helps at all.

My general rule of thumb with this tank has been to leave it alone as much as possible and let nature take its course, but the last thing I want to happen is for an aggresive, invasive species of algae to swallow everything up :unsure:

I couldn't get the whole tank in the picture, would have needed an ultra wide angle lense to get everything in the picture.

There are also two euphyllia colonies at the bottom, one branching hammer, and one branching frogspawn.