F&FMgr's Wifey's 180 build

I saw this yesterday and I have to ask-

Don't you think the lifespan of the LED's will be shortened considerably by the proximity to the halides?

I also think that if you turn the LED's sideways, you'll get much more coverage.

How do you like the skimmer? I'm thinking about that one instead of the ddnw 250 when I set my 210 up.

I love the skimmer!

I saw this yesterday and I have to ask-

Don't you think the lifespan of the LED's will be shortened considerably by the proximity to the halides?

I also think that if you turn the LED's sideways, you'll get much more coverage.

I tried it both ways and I prefer the leds to be perpendicular to the length of the tank

Sean, where are your 'Ts' on the returns? :-)

Tees, of which do you speak my young apprentice(yoda voice)

well, the Tees you 'rightfully' told me to use but it made the tank too far from the wall so I removed them :-) I assume it was to 'vent' the return after it went thru the bulk head

well with a tank that has a(n) overflow(s),you can either make or but an overflow kit that has an aspiration valve or hole. when the tank is drilled in the back as the primary drain, a tee witha hole drilled in it duplicates and overflow kit.

Sean

• 1 month later...

yeah I'll post some pics, but I have just been adding frags...so not much yet. I lost my Achilles to velvet after adding a batch of snails....2 days before I installed UV :angry: