120g Cube with Par38 and Stunner LEDs

sturnmeyer

Okay, so I've been biting at the bit lately waiting for my Par38 LEDs from Nanotuners to come in and have been running my 120g Cube with just 18 strips of the Ecoxotic Stunners. But they came in TODAY!!!!

Here is a pic of just the stunners...

gallery_670_772_325537.jpg

Here is a pic of the Stunners mounted to the canopy...

gallery_670_772_2606.jpg

Here are the Par38s in the standard track lighting system from Lowes....being able to adjust these things is amazing.

gallery_670_772_74165.jpg

And here is the tank this evening with Stunners and Par38s going strong. Little cloudy from some tank maintenance this afternoon so I'll get better ones. The look is amazing and it really is so close to the real thing. Photos can't do it justice, that's for sure.

gallery_670_772_56404.jpg

gallery_670_772_28653.jpg

For anyone interested, I'm running the following for lighting:

4 403Nm Stunners

4 453Nm Stunners

6 453Nm/8000K Stunners

4 8000K Stunners

3 12000K Evil66 Par38s

3 20000K Evil 66 Par38s

Next up is a full rework of the liverock with some bracing so I can utilize the Par38s and the track lighting to its fullest extent.

It looks good. Please keep us posted on the growth rates. Now you just need to secure some wires as they seem to be blocking some of your light.

Yep ziptying today. :biggrin:

It looks good. Please keep us posted on the growth rates. Now you just need to secure some wires as they seem to be blocking some of your light.

Yep ziptying today. :biggrin:

Very Nice lights. Really like the look of them, and you seem to be a better photographer than most taking pics of LED's. On a side note, what type of Trigger is that? Is it really "reef safe"? You may want to watch those frags, and definately watch any inverts you have....Looks awesome either way.

WOW your tank looks nice Scott. that cube is deceiving, looks smaller than 120.

Yeah, it sure does...It is a new GlassCages cube...30x30x31....with Starphire on the front....thanks!!!

Very Nice lights. Really like the look of them, and you seem to be a better photographer than most taking pics of LED's. On a side note, what type of Trigger is that? Is it really "reef safe"? You may want to watch those frags, and definately watch any inverts you have....Looks awesome either way.

Thanks. I'm a professional photographer so I'm trying to get just the right settings. I'm actually not happy with them. It still doesn't give the real look, so I'm gonna keep working on it.

Yes, he's a Humu Humu, but he's a good boy. He's been in my tank for about 6 years now and leaves everything alone, except for snails. :) The hermits and all have learned to stay hidden until night, even the peppermint shrimp have been in there a while without an issue.

What angle Optics do you have? 40, 60, 80? How is the spread in person?

These are all 40 degree. I'd wanted the spotlight effect rather than the full box of light as zygote has mentioned before. Obviously the spread gets bigger the farther down you go. My tank is 31" deep so I'd say I have a spread of about 10 inches at the very bottom. But these things are certainly bright enough to grown SPS on the very bottom of the tank. I'm so eager to rework the rockscaping to be more attractive and then position these lights to get the full effect.