clown babies

so my ocellaris clowns have always been breeding, so today i was looking for some things in crevices and noticed that the eggs have hatched and little babies are hiding in nooks and crannies.

question, i dont have any rotifer culture, nor do i want to raise it. is there anything else i can do? im sure my eel or hawk will eat them, just a bit curious.

i do feed phyto and zoo plankton, can they grow on eating just that?

I don't think anyone has been successful using anything but live foods which means Rotifers. I don't think people have even had luck with frozen rotifers.

Got a refugia? That might work.

That's quite amazing that you see some of the lavae survive. How old do you think they are? They eat very small zooplankton like rotifers, so I can't imagine they would last long in a reef tank.

I'm sure your eel and hawk will find them to be very tasty. :)

Both Doug and I would be very happy to raise them if you can get them to lay on a tile or flower pot.

That's quite amazing that you see some of the lavae survive. How old do you think they are? They eat very small zooplankton like rotifers, so I can't imagine they would last long in a reef tank.

I'm sure your eel and hawk will find them to be very tasty. :)

Both Doug and I would be very happy to raise them if you can get them to lay on a tile or flower pot.

so a checked again, and there are quite a bit and different sizes. some really small and some a bit larger, could it be safe to assume that the bigger ones are from a different batch?

still trying to get them on some tile to give to you or Doug.

Do you have any idea when they hatched? It is very unlikely that you are actually observing fry, but it is not impossible. Many people mistake various zooplankton (e.g., mysid shrimp, amhipods, etc.) for larva.

The larva are extremely delicate and are prey for even amphipods and bristleworms-also any kind of nook or crevice can trap them. You might consider raising your next batch though.

Do you have any idea when they hatched? It is very unlikely that you are actually observing fry, but it is not impossible. Many people mistake various zooplankton (e.g., mysid shrimp, amhipods, etc.) for larva.

no idea, definately larva my copepods are bigger that the larva.

The larva are extremely delicate and are prey for even amphipods and bristleworms-also any kind of nook or crevice can trap them. You might consider raising your next batch though.

ill try to give them to Almon or Doug next time