Have to comment on Ecotech support...

lanman

One of my three $400 Ecotech Vortech MP40's quit working. It was the 'master'. I couldn't get it to run; would turn 3 revolutions or so, and stop - and start flashing RED. No problem, I de-programmed the other two, and set them on independent mode. Then THEY wouldn't run - would run for about 6 seconds, stop and flash red; try again for about 6 seconds... after three tries, it would just stay on flashing red.

I wrote to Ecotech and explained the problem. Customer support wrote back and told me to 'de-program' the automatic cut-off (if your motor and the inside unit separate for some reason). I did that, and both of them started running again.

I said thanks, and that I would send the other one in for repairs (no longer under warranty; which makes this a profitable thing for Ecotech). He wrote back and said he didn't think I needed to do that, that he thought it was probably a wet-side issue, and to keep playing with it. I swapped the wet-side units between that one and another one, and now all three are happily running again.

Obviously, I didn't understand the 'magic' involved - but they work, and he saved me both money and down-time when he could have earned some money.

Thanks, Ecotech!!

bob

And above and beyond!!

The service individual at Ecotech told me that he was SURE I had at least one bad wet-side unit, and it would fail eventually. So - even though I was out of warranty - he sent me a wet-side unit 'under warranty' - for free. I guess we can call him 'boy genius' because the unit failed again 48 hours later. The replacement arrived 49 hours later. It is all back up and running again.

That's service!

bob

I agree with you Bob, excellent service. I had an issue with my controller and they quickly fixed it and returned. I had a new one within 2 days of me sending it to them. It helps that they are close so the UPS shipping time is very short.

After having repeated problems with the wetside disintegrating, Steve at Ecotech told me to send the whole unit back. I sent it out on Monday and had it back by Thursday. Another great reason to buy a Vortech.