AC3 set up using a router

CHUBAKAH

So is it up and running for the internet? or are you now reprogramming it?

Running yes. On the internet no. I'm running win7 and found out I need to do a work around in order for it to work, or step back to an older PC which is what I think I may do. As for programming it, that will have to wait a while.

Weird, I have win7 and got my back up and running yesterday. Big thing is to allow port forwarding through your router.

Weird, I have win7 and got my back up and running yesterday. Big thing is to allow port forwarding through your router.

I couldn't even get it installed from the disk. Said there were compatibility issues.

I'm not in a huge rush for that anyhow. I need to get all of the probes working correctly first.

Aquanotes will not work on Win7. You do not need aquanotes to get the AC3 visible from the internet. Just allow port forwarding and then you have to register with dynamic dns to map your dynamically assigned IP address to your chosen URL. That url will allow you to access the AC3 from the internet. Aquanotes seems to only expand the logging capabilities of the AC3.

Aquanotes will not work on Win7. You do not need aquanotes to get the AC3 visible from the internet. Just allow port forwarding and then you have to register with dynamic dns to map your dynamically assigned IP address to your chosen URL. That url will allow you to access the AC3 from the internet. Aquanotes seems to only expand the logging capabilities of the AC3.

this is what I did.

I have that up and running now as well. Sent off for some calibration fluids so I can get at least the PH probe dialed in.

Anything I should know about the ORP probe? Granted I got this used, but it is only about 9 months old. I am getting a reading of zero?

I've also seen several posts over the years about the PH probe going wacky? Anything I should be aware of, or any tips or advice?

I soak my probes in vinegar for a few hours every couple of months and then brush gently with a tooth brush on the tip.

I just re calibrated them again and they are just fine after almost 3 years. I have both a lab abd regular grade.

You can tell because it will tell you the probe is bad. Mine read after calibrating 7.01 and 9.98 in 7 & 10 solutions so thats good enough for me. The other one is just as close.

I do the same with my temp probe. My first one went bad after 11 months and could tell because it became very sporatic causing all kinds of greif.

Since I haven't had much time on my hands at all during the week, can someone tell me what is used to calibrate the ORP probe, or how it's done.

Since I haven't had much time on my hands at all during the week, can someone tell me what is used to calibrate the ORP probe, or how it's done.

Sorry to hear about yout temp spike, do you need anything?

RTFM :tongue: I think I finally got mine working again but need new probes. Give me a call and I might be able to get yours working.

the factory to maintain accurate ORP readings for the lifetime of the controller. However, it is possible to

calibrate the probe if so desired. Quinhydrone, pH 4.00 and pH 7.00 calibration solutions are required for the

calibration. The following procedure should be used to calibrate the ORP:

1. Create a saturated solution of Quinhydrone and pH 7.00 calibration solution.

2. Select Setup:ORP Setup:ORP Calibrate from the AquaController III Pro

Thanks Pat!

I'll be in touch with you soon. My calibration fluids are supposed to be here tomorrow, so I want to get this all up and running over the weekend if I find the time.

• 4 months later...

Little different subject, but still on the AC3.

I have been told that you can actually control a calcium reactor and read both the PH in the tank, and PH of the reactor. Is this something you can do with the standard equipment, or do you need to add something to be able to do this, or was I given the wrong info?

TIA

why do you care?its not like you are pro CaRXs..... :lol2:

That's how I do mine Mark.

Change the ORP probe to pH and remane it pH2.

Calibrate it as well.

I use this program code;

If pH2 < 06.89 Then CO2 OFF

If pH2 > 06.85 Then CO2 ON

I use a collection cup I made and set the extra probe in it and the Ca reactor effluent drains into before draining into the sump.

Keep the effluent drain line away from the main pH probe or it might give bad readings.

Didn't even know you could interchange the probes and just change it like that. Makes total sense though, and easy enough.

Thanks Chip!!

As for you Billy Boy, it comes down to dollars and cents really. As you know what I am doing now works killer, but it gets pricey epically since I just added another 200 gallons of water to my system.

That's an entirely different subject though.

blast.gif