Very sad, but really cool

steveoutlaw

Ok, my yellow tang had not been looking lively lately and I noticed that his intestinal tract (if that's what you call it) kept getting bloated and darker. Then I noticed that he would not poop........he always pooped when he was eating, but had stopped recently.

Ok, so I notice strange things.

ANYWAY, I knew he was on his way out but couldn't catch him. He was lethargic last night but when I came down this morning he was still moving around. When I got home from work......no Bubbles (his name). I was looking everywhere in the tank and could not find hide nor hair of him. Did he jump? Nope, nothing around the tank. So I got a flashlight and started shining it in the cave in my rockwork. Something caught my eye, but I didn't figure it out at first. Then......it hit me. My RBTA has it's foot secure on the underside of the top cave rock and stretches out about 6" to spread out in the light. When I shined the flashlight on the the RBTA's neck (I guess that's what you would call it) I saw the full impression of the tang's face in it. Upon closer examination with the flashlight I could see the whole tang inside of the anemone.

I'm very sad that I lost the tang......but it certainly was cool to see nature in action.

Wow, sad event but cool to see the dead tang living on through the life of your anemone.