The dogs have to use 4 paw drive! If Sierra decides to come...Big Red Firetruck :)

Sikryd

If Sierra decides to come anytime soon, she'll be riding in a Big Red Firetruck smile.gif

2ft or so of snow. I dug the truck out and flattened all the snow to the road so when they plow I'll be able to get out. Till then......

20664_107706145913225_100000215195983_201139_2069427_n.jpg

20664_107706142579892_100000215195983_201138_4482515_n.jpg

20664_107706139246559_100000215195983_201137_5727681_n.jpg

Eskimos or Samoyeds? I've got a miniature Eskimo, only about 20 lbs, he loves the snow!

I tried to plow through my driveway to the street and got stuck at the end of the driveway. Might have had something to do with the fact I was going backwards, but will try and plow my way to the end of the block soon.

Will upload pix in a while, I hope. Dog1, the oversized border collie, is usually unstoppable in snow, but after a long walk (swim) to the field literally turned around and started home in our tracks.

Here is a pic of my Toyota from about an hour ago. I haven't cleaned it of yet. I had to get the snow off the SAAB convertible first. Just over 18" here.

truck2-6-2010.jpg

The leaning tower of snow.

handrail.jpg

Edited by Coral Hind

Dave - They're Samoyeds. They were looking at me like "How are we supposed to go poop in this!

They love the snow, they finally were able to get out a little bit and go play in it. Then they just lay down and start eating it when they get tired. :)

Good times cleaning this stuff out. Thankfully I have 4 wheel drive and can get through it. Hopefully they'll plow the street and I'll be good to go if I have to go somewhere, like the hospital :)

Some photos. Yep, a lot of snow.

Dogsstuff080.jpg

Dogsstuff101.jpg

The Jetta's going nowhere with its tiny clearance.

Dogsstuff082.jpg

Dogsstuff083.jpg

I thought the hanging plant with a foot of snow piled on was an interesting juxtaposition (I used that word to sound arty).

Dogsstuff088.jpg

I just got done cruisin' around the neighborhood and going to the store. It isn't too bad if you have 4wd.

Lots of cars stuck and people walking though.

My daughter took the yardstick out at 11 today. 29" !!! We are guessin we got 30" in purcellville. Spent 4 hours straight shoveling until I reached the street.

Was still snowing when I went out, so I didn't spend much time getting anything good for fear I'd ruin the camera with all the moisture.

My car (I think?):

IMG_2302.jpg

Our street (ignore that mailbox - they shoveled. The top of the bumper on that lifted F150 barely visible above the snowline is 30" high):

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg