Anyone keep blue hippo and powder blue with success???

watson_barrett

Got both. Powder blue was added late July last year, Pacific Blue has been there since the tank went up. They are different sizes and there's a lot of tangs in there as well. If you can call 6 months long enough to be successful, then I guess I'm successful. The powder blue has definitely grown since it was added and is a pretty fish, don't see that much aggression between the 2, but they do spar when they end up together, never to the point of damaging each other, though.

I've had the hippo for about 3 years now and he is about 6"

What size should i shoot for? Should I go small like 2-3" or get one just a bit smaller than the hippo like 4-5" I don't want to go too big because I think that could stir a fight for alpha tang.

Thoughts?

Ive had my PB for 8 months...added Yellow belly Hippo 3 months after the PB.(hippo was MUCH smaller).and there was NO issues...guess i was lucky, there like best buds!

I've had the hippo for about 3 years now and he is about 6"

What size should i shoot for? Should I go small like 2-3" or get one just a bit smaller than the hippo like 4-5" I don't want to go too big because I think that could stir a fight for alpha tang.

Thoughts?

Edited by Emoney

I just added a PBT a week ago to a tank that had a hippo for 2 years. The hippo is about 5" and thick while the pbt is 4" and skinny. There doesn't seem to be any tension between the two. However, the PBT has been battling for dominance with the Blonde Naso which is also an inch or two bigger than the pbt. I've always read pbt's will show aggression towards tangs of similar shape and/or color. And in my experience here, that seems to hold true as the naso is a bit closer in shape. I've been making sure to feed more often as well which I'm sure helps.

I just added a PBT a week ago to a tank that had a hippo for 2 years. The hippo is about 5" and thick while the pbt is 4" and skinny. There doesn't seem to be any tension between the two. However, the PBT has been battling for dominance with the Blonde Naso which is also an inch or two bigger than the pbt. I've always read pbt's will show aggression towards tangs of similar shape and/or color. And in my experience here, that seems to hold true as the naso is a bit closer in shape. I've been making sure to feed more often as well which I'm sure helps.

Thanks great info, My hippo is proabably about 6" I think i'm going to shoot for a PBT at about 4"

Have plenty of greens too, that's all I've really seen mine eat. He shows initial interest in the mysis, brine, and pellets but then spits it out. But he likes the seaweed, and last night I put some lettuce from my salad in there and he loved that.... as did the naso and hippo.