Sick Fish Help!

Guest Chris_X

Guest Chris_X

Hey guys!

My fish are starting to get a white cotton type of fungus on them. The yellow tang has it on his sides and today his eye looks lighter. The larger clown's eye looks like it to has a light white film over it to. I  noticed the first sign last night so today I bought a 10gal. Put 5 gal's of my tank water in it with 5gal's of the "Real Ocean" Water from petco. Light, heater, a small hang on filter, a very weak power head and a rock. No substrate. I have the Maracyn for the med's. Says it treats Body Fungus.

The problem is how do I catch the fish? I chased them around with two nets for awhile and have now set a trap by using a plastic pint type jug with about a 2.5 inch hole in it. I attched a piece of seeweed to a veggie clip and stuck it inside. No customers yet. I really dont wanna break all my rock down.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated...

:(   Thnx!

Guest bill33
what size tank are they in,      if you put a specimen container in the corner and chase them in there that should do it

Try catching them at night.  You could chase them down all day and stress them out like crazy, but if you wait for their down time it will be easier to scoop them.  This is even easier if the clown has an anemone that it hosts in

I FINALLY caught my B/W Heniochus after 4 days to rid it of a parisite on its top fin and apply medicine.

How did I do it in my 90g?

Got up early this morning before turning the lights on caught him in a slumber.

Dang, that was no fun!  

snrk]]

Howard