new fuge light

Guest Nate and Roshni

Guest Nate and Roshni

Hey guys and gals, when we were up at the last meeting we took home some cheato to start our fuge. We had a regular fluorescent strip light  on a 20L and it never grew but it stayed alive though. I switched to these lamps

and in one week the cheato is three times the size!! This is a great lamp and it was only 9.97. Theres a picture of the package on the above link on reef central. You can get these at home depot. It wont be long before Im pruning back the fuge!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mmcaleer

Sounds great.  I just started my refuge this past weekend and installed the same bulb.  I will let you know how it is doing.

Mike

I just installed this on my new sump/fuge as well.  I posted pics in the Gallery under Setups.

Lot of light in a small package.  Waiting to see how the macro grows out...

s

Guest Nate and Roshni
Mine has really taken off. I now have almost half of my 10g fuge full!!

Curious, what is the photo period you are using with this light?  7x24? Nights for a reverse cycle?  Day time with same cycle as main lights?

Right now, I have mine on a reverse cycle for about 13 hours a day.

s

Guest Nate and Roshni
I have mine on reverse, 13 hours a day 11pm - noon. Although there were a few strands of feather caulerpa in the cheato that I got, and Ive been thinking about either going 24/7 or just pulling out the caulerpa. It has really taken off as well. I'm not sure if I will keep it or not. Anyways, I'm so happy with putting a fuge in. Its just a lovely feeling when you see zero nitrates :)