Daughter is on TV today, invitational meet

johnnybv

For all you swim junkies, (im sure thats a lot of us, lol) today is the start of the Tom Dolan ivitational meet. Is is televised at the link below, It doesnt apear to be live, it looks like they are making clips for each event. She is swimming the 50 Breast today in the 9-10 age group, should be around 2:15. She has worked very hard towords this goal all year, I am very proud of her. Right now she has Junior Olympic times but she turns 11 before the meet and she doesnt make the 11-12 times yet....just another proud papa moment.....

John

Tom Dolan Invitational Swim Meet

I hope she did well, i used to swim with Tom Dolan at washington golf and CC in arlington, see him aronud every so often, i hope she did really well and continues to do so, i am outta town or would have definately been watchin

she'll drop the times, if she is doing this well already she has the drive to drop em. good to see she is making you proud, i have a daughter coming soon and hope i can support her as much as you do.

For all you swim junkies, (im sure thats a lot of us, lol) today is the start of the Tom Dolan ivitational meet. Is is televised at the link below, It doesnt apear to be live, it looks like they are making clips for each event. She is swimming the 50 Breast today in the 9-10 age group, should be around 2:15. She has worked very hard towords this goal all year, I am very proud of her. Right now she has Junior Olympic times but she turns 11 before the meet and she doesnt make the 11-12 times yet....just another proud papa moment.....

John

Tom Dolan Invitational Swim Meet

How'd she do, Johnny? Is there a link to a vid for it somewhere? If I'd had seen this post earlier, I would have watched. Congrats. It's refreshing to see kids excelling in something these days other than video games!

(edited)
How'd she do, Johnny? Is there a link to a vid for it somewhere? If I'd had seen this post earlier, I would have watched. Congrats. It's refreshing to see kids excelling in something these days other than video games!

Yea, here is the link, she took 3rdin her heat and 16th overall, top 16 go to finals. She is in the middle lane 4, she dropped .38 seconds from her best. Tomorrow is another 2 events as well.

http://www.swimmingworld.tv/2009-tom-dolan...t?currentPage=2

Edited by johnnybv

Good luck to her! There's a few kids from our summer swim team (Pinecrest) and our winter swim team (Herndon/HAC Commanders) that are in the meet this weekend, too. If she's in the 9-10 group right now, she's swimming against some of our close friends.

Good luck to her! There's a few kids from our summer swim team (Pinecrest) and our winter swim team (Herndon/HAC Commanders) that are in the meet this weekend, too. If she's in the 9-10 group right now, she's swimming against some of our close friends.

She had a nother good day today, placed in the top 16 in 2 of her three events. This meet is at a national level so it was quite an achievment for her to make it. She has also recently been invited for another exclusive meet that is in Arizona, she will be flying out with 7 of her teammates and her coach, staying at a host familys house.......hard to let go!!

Thanks for everyones kind words, I know its just a dorky dad thing that I even put this post up....

John

She had a nother good day today, placed in the top 16 in 2 of her three events. This meet is at a national level so it was quite an achievment for her to make it. She has also recently been invited for another exclusive meet that is in Arizona, she will be flying out with 7 of her teammates and her coach, staying at a host familys house.......hard to let go!!

Thanks for everyones kind words, I know its just a dorky dad thing that I even put this post up....

John

Nonsense, I sent screen captures of our Division 5 standings to all of my relatives and friends back in Chicago so they could see that Kammie was ranked 12th in backstroke for her division last summer and sent constant updates (for the first time ever despite having an account for a few years) on Facebook a few weekends ago when she was in the Herndon All-Stars soccer tournament. That's what Dad's do best, brag about our kids!