TOTM tank break down

SteveM

I am planning on starting my tank breakdown this weekend. I wanted to give everyone a heads up in case you are interested. I am going to try to sell off the corals and some of the live rock first and then move to the fish, tank and equipment. I have had one person express interest in a package deal on most of it but as of yet I have not heard back from her.

I am not exactly sure how I am going to go about selling the corals. Several of them are quite large and encrusted on the live rock. If anyone has done this before please let me hear your suggestions. Here is the link to my TOTM thread to see what I have. TOTM Several of the corals are much larger now and again; I am not sure how I am going to get them out.

I will provide a complete list of everything that I have for sale in the For Sale section in the next day or two. My tank is a 110 gal Perfecto with a corner overflow. Along with the tank will be the stand, lights, sump and skimmer. I am hoping to sell those as a package deal.

If you have any questions please fell free to PM me. For those of you that have asked in the past, I am not leaving the hobby. I am just relocating and planning on a bigger and even better tank. I will be selling my house soon and can not have the worry of keeping up with the demands of the tank during the selling process.

I am not leaving the hobby. I am just relocating and planning on a bigger and even better tank.

Phew *wipes brow* I was worried we were losing yet another TOTM person.

20 months and counting towards the BIG move. Yes, going to Florida to retire and build our dream house. The current plan is to put our house on the market this spring, hence the tank break down, and then start building the new house by the end of 2010. Planning on about a 300+ gal in wall tank in the new house with an entire fish room behind it to support it.

I am going to make a post today in the for sale section about details of the tank break down. I have had a number of PM's already about people interested in items. I have responded to all of those as of now.

Closing thread with originator's permission to (hopefully) avoid confusion. See the For Sale thread.