Whats the best hair algae eating fish..?

trockafella

good point..!! 72gal tank..

I hate to keep picking but your not giving a lot of info here...... "who" else lives in this god forbidden hair algae infested little fish bowl you call a tank?

JK

:biggrin:

I dont have a hair algae problem, just some little patched that pop up here and there... Its a peaceful community tank, no real large fish in there, clowns, chromis, sixline, and a few other small guys.. I had a yellow eye kole tang before and it never touched hair algae, its funny that some tangs tear it up and others avoid it... I havent heard anyone say a rabbitfish... Arent they good grazers as well..?

I havent heard anyone say a rabbitfish... Arent they good grazers as well..?
My doliatus is a total algae hog. My foxface was too. On the other hand, my friend's virgatus won't touch the stuff. Your tank is a little small for them long-term, though.

I dont have a hair algae problem, just some little patched that pop up here and there... Its a peaceful community tank, no real large fish in there, clowns, chromis, sixline, and a few other small guys.. I had a yellow eye kole tang before and it never touched hair algae, its funny that some tangs tear it up and others avoid it... I havent heard anyone say a rabbitfish... Arent they good grazers as well..?

My orange spotted rabbit takes care of my 400g tank and I think that is size appropriate, they get 14" at least, mine is 10" now, was 4" 2 years ago when I got him. I think a convict tang would be a good choice for your peaceful 72g. Honestly it is probably borderline as tank size goes but, if your comfortable with it then thats all that matters IMO. Mexican turbo would be a better choice, and get yourself a really nice wrasse while your at it if you just want another fish.