Hurt coral

Noobalicious

Had my first turbo snail incident last night.

I hadn't figured out a spot for my new frag of green slimer yet, and one of the turbos knocked it loose and into a head of frog spawn.

For the most part the frag is ok, but there are a few "bleached" spots.

Is this something that the slimer could repair, or will there be permanent white areas?

Thanks for your input.

Steve

that is why i gave away my turbo snails. those *** were always knocking down my frags...

Edited by davelin315
family site

It will be fine in time, I had a similar problem, placed some frogspawn a bit too close to an orange digi. The frogspawn stung the heck out of the tips and turned them white, but now they are well on their way to recovering.

Keep it in flow, not to high, and watch it. It will either start to heal or it will develop RTN. Healing will take a while. You should start to see some growth in about 5-7 days.

RTN will start to spread sooner if it goes in that direction.

I have a pocillopora that has fallen into anemones, frogspawn and plate coral on 3 different occasions. Each time there is a large section that has turned pure white. Each time that I've found it in another coral I take it out and hold it over a powerhead to get all the slime off of it. Then place it in an area of moderate to high flow until I see growth. It has recovered every time. Yes, those son of a gun snails keep knocking it over.

put it in high

Had my first turbo snail incident last night.

I hadn't figured out a spot for my new frag of green slimer yet, and one of the turbos knocked it loose and into a head of frog spawn.

For the most part the frag is ok, but there are a few "bleached" spots.

Is this something that the slimer could repair, or will there be permanent white areas?

Thanks for your input.

Steve

Edited by Jan

Might live, might die - corals are tricky things. I've had the slightest sting RTN a large colony, and I've had severe sting damage heal right up. Good luck!

bob