sealing spouts in water barrel

BliffBlam

i have a storage barrel that I bought tat leaks everywhwere. to seal all the plugs and spout, I dont think silicone will work. the plugs and spout r threaded however barrel is only about an 1/8" thick. Im thinking pvc cement. Any ideas. thanks.

Want to replace it? I've got a 55 gallon blue PVC drum. It had Pepsi in it. You can have it for $20.00. LMK.

i have a storage barrel that I bought tat leaks everywhwere. to seal all the plugs and spout, I dont think silicone will work. the plugs and spout r threaded however barrel is only about an 1/8" thick. Im thinking pvc cement. Any ideas. thanks.

Made a mistake....I bought it from a WAMAS member for $15.00 I'll sell it $15.00.

Want to replace it? I've got a 55 gallon blue PVC drum. It had Pepsi in it. You can have it for $20.00. LMK.

no thanks I just bought thesa a few weeks ago. very nice barrels, only the spouts leak alittle. I have a friend tht works next to the pepsi plant, I can get those all day for free. I dont want to worry about cleaning them. Thats why I bought these rain barrels. they also have a screw on lid so the whole top opens for access, only paid $15 a piece for those. thnks for the offer though.

Remember guys, no sales or offers to buy in the general discussion area.

I would be careful of using solvent on these unless you're sure that it'll work on them. I tried to use solvent on a John Guest valve and a salt bucket and it didn't work at all, neither was made of the right material to bond. I would test it out and if it works, go ahead and seal it. Easiest way to test it is to put a drop of solvent on the barrel somewhere and then wipe it away. If you can feel a depression where the solvent was then it'll work, otherwise it won't.

I'm sorry Dave. Can you delete for me?

Remember guys, no sales or offers to buy in the general discussion area.

I would be careful of using solvent on these unless you're sure that it'll work on them. I tried to use solvent on a John Guest valve and a salt bucket and it didn't work at all, neither was made of the right material to bond. I would test it out and if it works, go ahead and seal it. Easiest way to test it is to put a drop of solvent on the barrel somewhere and then wipe it away. If you can feel a depression where the solvent was then it'll work, otherwise it won't.

Try trflon tape and teflon sealant on all the threaded parts.