What to feed the False Percula Clowns?

Reefoholic

Hey guys,

I am having a feeding problem with my two wild perculas. I feed them new life spectrum and they don't seem to like it. I have had them for 2 weeks now, they are healthy, no itch spots or anything... I tried to feed them Mysis Shrimp but they would swallow and spit that too. Day long, they swim around and seem to feed on small things that are in the water but they don't actually eat them either.

What could be a good food alternative? I wanted to get some suggestions.

M.

blood worms and cyclopees are 2 of the best to get a fish started. I say offer them everything you can till they are eating something. Interesting Demo at MACNA about how fish not eating can be tube fed, and then they start right up. Something like they are too hungry to eat.

good luck

try a mixture of ESV spray dried phytoplankton, cyclopeeze, and flake food blended together, mix it with a little water and target feed the clowns with a small baster. I feed my fish and corals like this every so often.

I think I found out the reason that they had less of an appetite. I used to leave the moon-leds on all night and I think they couldn't go to sleep and relax. I turn the moon-leds off last night and this morning they are livelier and they ate with a big appetite.

I'll monitor this for couple of days.

What do you guys think? Could this be the reason?

M.