What is happening to this coral (Pix)

Lunker

Can anyone tell me what is going on with this coral. Notice the red/white polyps ?? or whatever it is that is growing out of this coral. I have had this frag for about one year and it is only recently that it appears to me multiplying but this red/white growth from within is something that I have yet to previously see.

Any idea whats happening here??

Thanks

IMG_0222.jpg

Do you have a coco worm in your tank? The worm might have lost its top and it landed on the coral which is now trying to eat it.

:laugh:

You're right - the bottom of that thing is right in the MOUTH of the acan!

bob

Do you have a coco worm in your tank? The worm might have lost its top and it landed on the coral which is now trying to eat it.

That is interesting as I do have a Coco worm located at the other end of the tank. At the moment the Coco worm has either pulled into its sleeve or as you suggested it is now trying to eat it. I'll have to keep an eye on this.

Thanks

How long has it been like this? If it is the coco worm, then it probably shouldn't have been or be like this for more than a few days. If that's not it, then I go with the guts one. Some seastars do this sort of thing- they put their digestive fluids/organs out of their mouths and digest the food on the outside....