I've never been so angry

DDiver

I know Sean pretty well. I know it is something that happened by mistake. He is a very fair person to deal with and i am sure he will take care of the issue. F&F is a very upstanding store with great people running it.

I know Sean pretty well. I know it is something that happened by mistake. He is a very fair person to deal with and i am sure he will take care of the issue. F&F is a very upstanding store with great people running it.

it's probably sitting in your tank right now Lynn..... :unsure:

It doesn't like bait n' switch at all - just an honest mistake. That's OK - those things happen. Being upset when someone makes an honest mistake is OK too. I know I would be as well. It prob would have been better to PM Sean about it before posting on a board though.

he know's its nothing personal...

Umm, I didn't get that anyone was trying to say it was a bait and switch, even though there are some busineses that will do things like this because most people will end up buying something. Apparently he wasn't told that it was first come first serve or this thread wouldn't exist. He also wasn't told to "lay down the cash for it" up front or in the form of a deposit. He was told that it would be held for him. I can understand how the man is upset. He drove a ways looking forward to getting something he was told was on hold for him, something he really wanted, and it wasn't there.

It doesn't sound like a switch and bait thing and from seeing how Sean is at the store, I doubt he would do that.

It's an mistake and if you didn't lay down the cash for it, it's first come first serve.

Edited by Jan

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. (kidding - F&F is a great store!)

I've used that quote (it's from Aliens) in every meeting I've had all week. I think my coworkers are catching on, but I'm going to give it another week.

Paul

It's an honest mistake, but it's still a major disappointment, and the man wanted to vent. No problem.

bob

:clap:

Don't even get me started about being jerked around from this place.

I know. He always knows just what to say and just how to say it. Wise man that Mr. Billings.

+1 :clap:

Maybe wisdom does come with age... 'cause I know I was more a wise guy than a wise person in my youth!

:)

bob

Yea and you were right on target then too as youth is wasted on the young. I don't get it. It's all a bad joke. Did I just hijack this thread? Oops :blush: sorry.

Maybe wisdom does come with age... 'cause I know I was more a wise guy than a wise person in my youth!

bob

bob

:smokin: :drink:

It wasn't addressed to DDRiver but to the person who commented on a bait and switch scenario.

Regardless if he was told or not to lay down cash, it should be common sense. Look at all the regular people

here who have made arrangements to sell/hold for someone only to have the person not show up.

IN fact, I been the buyer and the seller wasn't there after the arranged meeting time. Sean has to do

what he has to do to make a living. If the person wanted the piece that bad, pay in advance and

pick it up. What if he changes his mind when he got there? Sean would of missed out on

a possible sale. It goes both ways.

Umm, I didn't get that anyone was trying to say it was a bait and switch, even though there are some busineses that will do things like this because most people will end up buying something. Apparently he wasn't told that it was first come first serve or this thread wouldn't exist. He also wasn't told to "lay down the cash for it" up front or in the form of a deposit. He was told that it would be held for him. I can understand how the man is upset. He drove a ways looking forward to getting something he was told was on hold for him, something he really wanted, and it wasn't there.
Edited by DJBoy98

It wasn't addressed to DDRiver but to the person who commented on a bait and switch scenario.

Regardless if he was told or not to lay down cash, it should be common sense. Look at all the regular people

here who have made arrangements to sell/hold for someone only to have the person not show up.

IN fact, I been the buyer and the seller wasn't there after the arranged meeting time. Sean has to do

what he has to do to make a living. If the person wanted the piece that bad, pay in advance and

pick it up. What if he changes his mind when he got there? Sean would of missed out on

That doesn't make sense. If the owner of a business says he is going to hold something for you, then they need to hold it for you. If they require payment, then that needs to be communicated. It's not a matter of common sense. There are LFS around here that will hold something for you without a deposit......they take you at your word, and you should be able to take the store at their word. Mistakes happen, and from what I've heard about Sean and F&F I'm sure that it will be made right.

Bottom line: If you say you're going to do it, do it.......that goes for businesses and members alike.

Edited by steveoutlaw

I agree if you called and were told it will be held and show up within an hour then sure, but do we know the time frame for this situation?

Would it be fair to ask him to hold it for 8 hours? Why not just give him a CC to show commitment and leave out all doubt?

If there's an agreement between buyers and sellers that if you say you going to buy regardless if you like it or not when you get there, then sure. Unfortunately, Sean does not have that luxury. It's a risk to his business. Sean probably has a good amount of customes come through that store that he has been burned many times. Let's cut him some slack. Besides, some of his promotions have been benificial to the community. I know I have taken advantage of the sales that sometimes are cheaper or close to online prices.

I agree on your bottom line but the reality is none of us are saints all the time.

That doesn't make sense. If the owner of a business says he is going to hold something for you, then they need to hold it for you. If they require payment, then that needs to be communicated. It's not a matter of common sense. There are LFS around here that will hold something for you without a deposit......they take you at your word, and you should be able to take the store at their word. Mistakes happen, and from what I've heard about Sean and F&F I'm sure that it will be made right.

Bottom line: If you say you're going to do it, do it.......that goes for businesses and members alike.

I agree if you called and were told it will be held and show up within an hour then sure, but do we know the time frame for this situation?

Would it be fair to ask him to hold it for 8 hours? Why not just give him a CC to show commitment and leave out all doubt?

If there's an agreement between buyers and sellers that if you say you going to buy regardless if you like it or not when you get there, then sure. Unfortunately, Sean does not have that luxury. It's a risk to his business. Sean probably has a good amount of customes come through that store that he has been burned many times. Let's cut him some slack. Besides, some of his promotions have been benificial to the community. I know I have taken advantage of the sales that sometimes are cheaper or close to online prices.

I agree on your bottom line but the reality is none of us are saints all the time.

I'm not busting on Sean at all.......I'm speaking to any LFS or member selling something. And the timeframe is irrelevant. If you commit to holding something you hold it, period. If the seller has another buyer then they should let the person they made the commitment to know to either pay up or they'll have to sell to someone else.

But you don't commit to someone that you're going to hold an item and then sell it without any notification to them.

Well, that would be me.....

It was never stated that the person did not show up when he said he would. Speculation. Expecting people to have common sense is trouble. Your common sense that we should be able to read minds and offer money in adavnce is not my common sense that the seller should let the buyer know that he requires a deposit or payment up front. Other sellers let you know up front what their terms are for holding something. In emergency medicine I would teach, when judging a persons actions in a particular situation in terms of malfeasance, misfeasance, neglegence, etc.., we judge based on "The reasonable man". It's judging a persons actions by based on what others of equal or more training/standing would do given the same situation. Many if not most all similar situations in life are this way. It's not reasonable to assume that a customer should know she/he should leave a deposit if that is not what they were asked/told to do in order to secure an item for later purchase.

IF the person is a no show or If they change their mind when they got there then the item goes back in the tank to be sold to someone else. These are situations that all venders encounter at one time or another. A risk all sellers take. Don't see that this was the case. Honest mistake that led to a dissapointment is all it was and Bob said it best.