house of tropicals

El Camaron

so i drove almost an hour to glenn Burney to see whe they had since my neighbor who i got into reefing said he had been there before and saw some saltwater stuff, anyways i dont beleive it was worth the drive for me, most of the corals they had did not look good, and the fish were over priced, they even had two octopus for sale, tried to get a better look but they were hiding, i just hope they are not blue ring ones.

on the other had, their fresh water fish seem reasonably priced, my neighbor ended up picking up some angle fish and i walked out with a u tube for my ATO since the only coral they had that i wanted was in their main display and they would not break off a small frag.

so i drove almost an hour to glenn Burney to see whe they had since my neighbor who i got into reefing said he had been there before and saw some saltwater stuff, anyways i dont beleive it was worth the drive for me, most of the corals they had did not look good, and the fish were over priced, they even had two octopus for sale, tried to get a better look but they were hiding, i just hope they are not blue ring ones.

on the other had, their fresh water fish seem reasonably priced, my neighbor ended up picking up some angle fish and i walked out with a u tube for my ATO since the only coral they had that i wanted was in their main display and they would not break off a small frag.

I went there last year.

I got one cream angel and a month later my tank was devastated.

The fish came with ich, but was much more than a regular one. I almost quit the hobby.

I had to wait 8 months to be able to add a new fish, everything else died in 15 days.

I took the corals in a smaller tank and added cooper in the main tank.

Made water changes ....

I lost every single fish I tried to add, even a clown.

I don't want to be near that store.

I went there last year.

The fish came with ich, but was much more than a regular one. I almost quit the hobby.

I had to wait 8 months to be able to add a new fish, everything else died in 15 days.

Made water changes ....

Don't be too harsh on the store. Did you q-tank the fish when you brought it home? I don't care where you buy it from, it should be observed/treated before it goes into your main tank. A lot of people starting out in the hobby blame the LFS because their fish die when it is actually part of the learning phase that reefers go through until they really learn everything that is needed to create long term survival. If the fish lasted 15 days then more then likely it was something you did.

live close buy it is about as bad as it gets when it comes to coral or fish ......place is still run like it was in 1989....I KNOW there has been SOME BASHING of seasave from both clubs but everything in there is heathy and reasonable as prices go its within a mile of hot.......you dc/nv members have some great places hot is a waste of your time

Don't be too harsh on the store. Did you q-tank the fish when you brought it home? I don't care where you buy it from, it should be observed/treated before it goes into your main tank. A lot of people starting out in the hobby blame the LFS because their fish die when it is actually part of the learning phase that reefers go through until they really learn everything that is needed to create long term survival. If the fish lasted 15 days then more then likely it was something you did.

I agreed with you until the last sentence. I don't think there is any evidence to support that remark.

• 2 weeks later...
I went there last year.

Made water changes ....

I'm a little concerned that you treated with copper in your display and I'm assuming you put your corals back in afterwards. Copper seeps into everything in the tank (even into silicone in glass tanks) and will remain in your system regardless of how you treat. If you do in fact have copper in there, you are slowly poisoning your invertebrates.