aggressive gramma

treesprite

Has anyone else known of royal grammas to be aggressive towards them the way clownfish sometimes are, hit-n-run attacks? Mine started doing this after I put the fish back into the 65 and still does it, but he doesn't bother the other fish, only my hand.

Has anyone else known of royal grammas to be aggressive towards them the way clownfish sometimes are, hit-n-run attacks? Mine started doing this after I put the fish back into the 65 and still does it, but he doesn't bother the other fish, only my hand.

IME grammas are will defend their territory. Most likely your other fish follow the fishy rules and stay clear. Apparently your hand doesn't.

Yesterday I was re-arranging some corals and used a hole for one of them that the gramma uses as an exit from a hiding spot which he always enters from a different hole (there are 2 exits from this nook). I'm not sure what I was doing the other other times.

He uses several different hiding places - kind of hard to avoid going near them all. The cherub angel goes in the same holes, but I haven't really noticed chasing. The clown doesn't use hiding places, and the firefish stays low in the tank most of the time. My hand, of course, is everywhere. I find it really interesting that he didn't do this before I moved between the tanks.