Help - problem with new ASO with check valve

wfoxfox

So, I install this puppy, check everything 3 times, turn the water on - all is well. Then I lift the float to test the water shutting off, and the check valve is leaking all over the place........ ( membrane end) Any ideas? I can not run it w/o the check valve since I had to cut the line to install the check valve and I do not have a complete line w/o the check valve ( no fittings). I would think that if the ASO was working, there would be very little/if any pressure on the check valve.......... Spectrapure and I are not best of friends tonite :-0

So, I install this puppy, check everything 3 times, turn the water on - all is well. Then I lift the float to test the water shutting off, and the check valve is leaking all over the place........ ( membrane end) Any ideas? I can not run it w/o the check valve since I had to cut the line to install the check valve and I do not have a complete line w/o the check valve ( no fittings). I would think that if the ASO was working, there would be very little/if any pressure on the check valve.......... Spectrapure and I are not best of friends tonite :-0

Make sure you have the check valve installed the right way around. Also, if these are the push then pull fittings that I'm thinking of, sometimes they can be touchy. Make sure the pipe isn't being pulled at a weird angle or anything. Also make sure there's enough slack, but not too much. Check the end of the pipe going into the leeking end of the check valve. If it looks crooked or anything, recut the end and try it again. Also, try pushing it in a little harder, you may not have gotten it in all the way. If all of these fail, I would say you probably have something wrong with the check valve.

Make sure you have the check valve installed the right way around. Also, if these are the push then pull fittings that I'm thinking of, sometimes they can be touchy. Make sure the pipe isn't being pulled at a weird angle or anything. Also make sure there's enough slack, but not too much. Check the end of the pipe going into the leeking end of the check valve. If it looks crooked or anything, recut the end and try it again. Also, try pushing it in a little harder, you may not have gotten it in all the way. If all of these fail, I would say you probably have something wrong with the check valve.

+2