chris's 75 reef in progress

]Hi, my name is chris and I love fish. Think I came to the right place? I am 27 and have been keeping fish and aquatic pets most of my life. I seriously got into the freshwater hobby about 7 years ago but just got into the reef wolrld about 2 years ago.

I bought my first reef tank 2 years ago from a friend who lost intrest in his tank. I had very little understanking of salt water but did not want to see his tank decline any more than it had, so I bought, more like stole it from him. The tank was in bad shape when I got it and I had no clue what I was doing. So I started to read everything I could get my hands on.

post-2632089-1250385002_thumb.jpg

(edited)

and if someone would be kind enough to assist me in adding more pictures I might be able to show you all the rest. I don't post alot and am not sure of the process of posting full size pics. thank you

Edited by chris1017

In photobucket hover your mouse over the picture in the album. Copy "IMG Code" and paste it in the text box here. Add all the ones you want then hit submit and it should show them here.

thanks for the help. I think I have it now.

this is what the tank looked like when i first got it

1-03-08004-1.jpg

It was in real bad shape. The first thing I had to do is make a sump for it. Mind you at this point I have no clue what I am doing.

1-03-08003.jpg

1-03-08002.jpg

(edited)

I have worked on getting this tank tank together over the last two years but it has been a slow process. I was not ready for task with time or money, plus I wanted to learn as much as I could before I started adding things to the tank.

My first goal was to try and bring some life back to the inverts that came with the tank. Of course some things were lost along the way. Some were from his doing and some were mine, but I think I am at a point where I am ready to move on with it.

Here is a before and after of one of the corals I was able to save. If you can't tell it is a hammer and it took 6 months before it would extend it's polyps.

BEFORE

7-17-073.jpg

AFTER

8-14-09024.jpg

Edited by chris1017

(edited)

Here is an updated tank shot and some of it's creatures. I just pulled everything out and re-worked the rocks a few days ago. I also upgraded to a Nova pro T-5.

8-14-09023.jpg

ornate wrasse

8-14-09037.jpg

8-14-09052.jpg

clowns (who are not spawning but do share the same cave and spend most of their time together.

8-14-09067.jpg

brittle star

8-14-09021.jpg

Edited by chris1017

(edited)

now all I need is a yellow tang, a royal gramma and mabey some blue green chromis and of course many coral additions. I will be doing sps on the left, lps or a bta on the right and softies on the bottom. Any donations are welcomed. :laugh:

Thanks for taking a look, hopefully I will have some new pics to show off soon.

chris

Edited by chris1017

Your tank has definitely improved. I like how you incorporated shelf like pieces of liverock. It will make for easy coral placement down the road.

here is a pic of my 29g and my green terror in the 125g

DSCN1100.jpg

8-15-09002-1.jpg

note the tiger in bottom right hand corner

8-15-09001-1.jpg