Bluejaw triggerfish

capsfan

I saw this bluejaw trigger @ the lfs today and I really like this. I have heard that they are pretty much reef safe, but might nip at some shrimps. Has anybody had experience with these?

I dont have much experience ... but they are jumpers, so you should probably have a nice lid on the tank

Is eggcrate fine?

I have one, he is about 6 inches long. Never gets aggressive towards anything until feeding time. But of course my predator tank gets pretty nuts when it is feeding time. I know they get up to about 9", so you will need a pretty big tank.

I have one and i dont have any problems with him bothering anything. I have never heard of them being jumpers either. If you startle them they will move really quick and hide for a few seconds, but not jump. I have a Pink Tail Trigger also and have no problems with him. Like stated above a pretty good sized aquarium is required.

I had a bluejaw that I lost to a jumping incident earlier this year. Eggcrate would be a fine lid, but it would affected the amount of light that would reach your corals. No incidents with invertebrates during my brief run. A great fish with lots of personality. Highly recommend.

Best,

Jon