Watson's 92G Corner...

Well figured since i'm going to be upgrading soon I would post my work on my current set-up....

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Ok can't figure out how to get pics in here under size

Check out my gallery for my updated pics....

http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?auto...si&img=7346

How can i get some pics from my gallery into this pos??

Hope you enjoy, equip specs to follow after i figure out how to post some pics...

Click on the 4th button from the right in the add post window (3rd to the right from the smileys button) to add pictures from your gallery. It will pop up in a new window and you just click on the image.

Nice looking tank, what fish are you hand feeding in that picture?

I'm guessing you are talking about the 1st feeding pic. If so it's an engineer goby. They are a cool fish but defiantely a pain in the @ss, they dig huge underground caves. This thing is my arch nemisis....It was sold to me as a cleaner goby, hardy the same. max size cleaner 2" engineer 14" I was new to the hobby at the time and didn't know better, i have had him for over 3 years now...

http://www.reefhotspot.com/store/product_i...roducts_id=4547

Current display is 92G, Sump is a 20G long with about 15G water in it. I'm guessing minus rock, total water volume would be around 80 or so...

Upgrading to 250G display, guessing sump will be 80-120G or so.

Fish:

Juvi Empor

Hippo

2 nemos

divided leopard wrasse

engineer gobbie

straw psuedo

pschadelic manderin

2 blue chromis

1 female anthia lyre

1 male anthia lyre

1 female barrlets

Equipment

Euro Reef RS 135

Mag 9.5 return

3 K 4's

2 K 3's

2x 39w T5's

1 400w 14k AquaConnect running through Lumen Bright Mini, can't remember brand on ballast

Supplement Ca with Kent Turbo Ca. Mg w/ Magflake. 20G tri-weekly water changes...Thats about all...

Coral

I forgot the name before I even left your house....

Nice tank! Love the corner tanks ;)

Are you keeping both or moving everything into the 250?

Thanks Boret, yours is looking awsome, guess all that is left is a corner "tank-off" haha :clap: :clap:

Not sure on exact plans right now, very early in the planning stages. I would like to see my current set-up grow-out for another good 6 months but i'm sure i'll get fish and coral in my pants when i have an empty 250G display laying around... :lol2: :lol2:

Tank is lookin pretty sweet man! I have never really been into corner style glass tanks..mainly because of how the bend in the glass makes everything look distorted. It gives me a headache if I look at it too long. I have noticed that acrylic corner styles aren't as bad though. Nice corals though!

Thanks Boret, yours is looking awsome, guess all that is left is a corner "tank-off" haha :clap: :clap:

Bring it on!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Tank is lookin pretty sweet man! I have never really been into corner style glass tanks..mainly because of how the bend in the glass makes everything look distorted. It gives me a headache if I look at it too long. I have noticed that acrylic corner styles aren't as bad though. Nice corals though!

Distorted?? Stop sniffing the PVC glue Nate!!! :biggrin:

You are right, from some of the viewing angles it will do that, but for the little space they take you get a lot of depth and that is something I like. It is also quite difficult to take pictures. Almost impossible not to get some reflection of the curve glass when taking FTS. And very difficult to get a good picture of the corals 12-15 inches in from the front. It is also a challenge to light them up and to get good flow.... most of the equipment out there is made for square/rectangle shaped tanks. But that is half of the fun, to figure it out, it does make it very unique because you cannot just buy a light fixture and be done.... most if not all of the corner I've seen require a level of DIY.

I am just happy to add Watson to our small corner tank club (current members: Jamesbluff, Watson and myself)

The corner tank thread in RC is a pretty interesting place with tons of cool ideas. There is a guy that has a wonderful 54 gal corner tank. Check this out:

fulltankshotjuly09.jpg

HERE you can go to the beginning of the thread, it has split once already.

I will be sorry to see you take down the 92 but I can totally understand you dedicating all the time and effort into the 250.

Good stuff there, is everything going over into the 250 or are you maintaining both?

That emperor is cool, is that an orange tail it has or yellow? Most of the juveniles I have seen have a clear tail until they start to change, I'll bet that one looks fantastic when it changes!

Good stuff there, is everything going over into the 250 or are you maintaining both?

That emperor is cool, is that an orange tail it has or yellow? Most of the juveniles I have seen have a clear tail until they start to change, I'll bet that one looks fantastic when it changes!

Not sure on exact plans yet. I love having the tank in it's current location b/c it is the 1st thing you see when you come in my front door and is litterally 10ft in front of the door in a perfect space for it....I'll get a few pics tonight and show you what i mean...also during the day if my front door is open you can see it from outside, it is pretty cool.

May turn it into an agressive fish tank or something but I doubt i will have resources to maintain 2 reef tanks (I guess what i'm trying to say here is that what ever my wife says if what will happen :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: . We'll see though. I'll try to talk her into both....

ohh and on the juvi, it is BRIGHT yellow but has some slight orange hints in there. It is starting to merge into horizontal lines and is getting yellow on it's top half of body. I love how angels change!!! I want to get a blue face but not sure it would get along with the empor in the new tank....

I have a full grown emperor and 2 regals in my tank and they get along just fine (the emperor doesn't even notice them because he considers himself the king of the tank - my four year old has named him the Super Man Fish). Copps also has an assortment of angels in his fish only tank, not sure which fish are in there right now, but he'd be a good one to ask.

Thats cool when the fish feed from your fingers like that, my clowns do the same thing.