Feeding Trumpet coral

queloque

(edited)

Is it better to feed my trumpet coral when the lights are out. I see their short tenticles flaring during that time or does it really matter and should I spot feed them or that doesn't matter either?

Edited by queloque

I target feed my trumpets at least one or two hours after lights out. Tentacles are fully extended at that point. I don't think they can catch much without the tentacles out. I feed large items like brine or mysis shrimp.

Mine are pigs.

Laura

I target feed my trumpets at least one or two hours after lights out. Tentacles are fully extended at that point. I don't think they can catch much without the tentacles out. I feed large items like brine or mysis shrimp.

Mine are pigs.

Laura

I've trained my trumptes, suncoral, dendros and duncans to eat during the day. The suncoral and dendros are under rock work in the shade. It's closer to their natural habitat. I didn't feed them for a few days and they started to extend their tentacles during the day. NOw they open during the day whenever they're hungry. I feed every two to three days.

(edited)
Is it better to feed my trumpet coral when the lights are out. I see their short tenticles flaring during that time or does it really matter and should I spot feed them or that doesn't matter either?
Edited by Jan

(edited)
Edited by Jan