What can you keep with Power Compacts?

steveoutlaw

When I get my cube set up I'm going to have a 20g frag/hospital/lps/softie tank as well. What would I be able to keep in a standard 20g with 2x65 PC lighting? I know I can keep softies, but how will LPS and maybe an SPS or 2 up high in the tank do?

Monti cap and digitata will grow and keep color nicely under PCs. Pavona will probably do well also.

My Pavona did not do well under 3 250 watt MH and 8 39 watt T-5's until i put it up high. It would encrust but would not grow vertically.

On that note I was wondering the same thing about the PC bulbs.I will have 2X65 watt and 2X55 watt bulbs( 4 bulbs) on a 20 long tank.Will I be able to keep any SPS ?

On that note I was wondering the same thing about the PC bulbs.I will have 2X65 watt and 2X55 watt bulbs( 4 bulbs) on a 20 long tank.Will I be able to keep any SPS ?

My montipora digitata is doing pretty well under 36w of PC in my 2.5.

I know that softies will thrive under PCs (or at least, they can if everything else is stable). I had always heard that VHOs and PCs were rated by watts per gallon and that you wanted at least 4 watts per gallon if you were going to keep LPS. I guess it will be trial and error with SPS.