Tang Question??

NamReefs

hi all !!

Do we have any change to make yellow tang and Desjardini Sailfin Tang keep in aquarium?? same tank.

do they fight?? instill they die?

I added a purple tang to a somewhat established desjardini - the sailfin chased him, but i have tons of hiding places, so there weren't any real problems. They've become more civil over the last several months. A purple is more aggressive than the yellow. So, yes it can work. the sailfin is a much bigger fish, so i'd recommend adding them either at the same time or the yellow first. be prepared to rearrange the rockwork if the aggression does not subside. Also, you should only be doing this is a 120+ gal - preferrably a 220.

I added a purple tang to a somewhat established desjardini - the sailfin chased him, but i have tons of hiding places, so there weren't any real problems. They've become more civil over the last several months. A purple is more aggressive than the yellow. So, yes it can work. the sailfin is a much bigger fish, so i'd recommend adding them either at the same time or the yellow first. be prepared to rearrange the rockwork if the aggression does not subside. Also, you should only be doing this is a 120+ gal - preferrably a 220.

ok that cool. thank you very much

I keep a yellow tang and a smaller sailfin tang in my 180. The yellow tang's been in the system considerably longer and sometimes chases the sailfin tang. But, for the most part, they get along fine.

I have 2 yellow tangs a sailfin a purple and a kole tang. They all get along well. My tank is 210 gallons. I think alot depends on the size of the tank and when you introduce the fish. I think introducing them together is the best way to go. This way none of the fish have established territories.