Anyone picked up and Radium bulbs lately?

CHUBAKAH

Seems like there is always someone that has these on sale, I just haven't found anyone today.

Anyone purchased one lately for a decent price?

Seems the popularity of these has drove the price through the roof.

Maybe I want to try the Hamilton 20k or maybe the XM?

Feedback anyone?

Fishy Business - $69.99 (Unknown for me)

Reef Specialty - $71.99 (Great guys to work with).

Reef Specialty may do a group buy if enough folks join in.

Fishy Business - $69.99 (Unknown for me)

Reef Specialty - $71.99 (Great guys to work with).

Reef Specialty may do a group buy if enough folks join in.

I've been using 2 of these bulbs for 6 months now, and I' very pleased with them. $24 each for MH bulbs is pretty nice.

Order placed at fishybusiness. They also have free shipping on orders over $175.00.

Thanks Guy!

I've been using 2 of these bulbs for 6 months now, and I' very pleased with them. $24 each for MH bulbs is pretty nice.

Ever gotten a PAR reading?

Are you growing SPS?

I saw they also have 20k's for like 20 a pop. I may have to order a set of three just to see what they look like over my frag tank.

:eek:

3 bulbs delivered 209. and some change. That was the deal of the day.

(edited)
Ever gotten a PAR reading?

Are you growing SPS?

I saw they also have 20k's for like 20 a pop. I may have to order a set of three just to see what they look like over my frag tank.

:eek:

No PAR reading. I wish I had one though. I am just starting to get into SPS, I have 4 smaller pieces, but I can tell you that my growth is better with these than it was with the XM 20k's that they replaced.

They are so cheap. Even if you replaced them every 6 months, 4 of them would still cost about the same as 1 new radium or XM bulb, which is crazy to me! He sells 10k, 14k, and 20ks, in 250w or 400w as well. And finally, he has over 22,200 positive feedbacks. That's really impressive. I definitely recommend trying them out.

Edited by Ryan S

Boret.

$89.99 - 10% = 80.99.

69.99 vs 80.99... Hmmmmmm. Not sure that that 10% is gonna do anything.

I was taking into account shipping and just one bulb.

if my math is correct now (1 bulb) $69.99 + $9.99 shipping so $2 cheaper.

If you buy 2 then shipping is $12.99. Making it $9 cheaper.

At 3 or more then you get free shipping making it a great deal at www.afishybusiness.com

Still, I have always had very good experiences with www.hellolights.com that is why I pointed it out. :)

I have also purchased from afishybusiness and they fulfilled the order quickly... shipping took over a week though. 3 days with hellolights.

I am interested to see the results you get out of the $20 bulbs. From what I have heard online (but it might had been in reference to a different vendor) the cheapo bulbs tend to come with a wide range of coloration even though they are all rated at 20k, 14k, etc... People complaint that when they bought more than one they looked different.

In my case, using only 1 bulb I prefer to be sure that I am getting a very good quality bulb. if I loose one coral there goes the savings. But if you have to replace 2 or 3 then starts getting expensive. It is tempting though, for the regular price of one Radium I can get 4 of the no name ones.

I bought 2 10K bulbs and one was far to yellow to be 10k.

I didn't go thru the hassle to complain. That eBay vendor was recommended by others as well

I bought 2 10K bulbs and one was far to yellow to be 10k.

I didn't go thru the hassle to complain. That eBay vendor was recommended by others as well

He told me to go with his 14k bulbs, he said they were the most consistent. I heard the same thing about the 10ks too.