drilling a hex

treesprite

Has anyone drilled a hex before? I need some suggestions for this 52 hex. I was thinking just to put 1 drain hole and one return hole - that should be plenty for a seahorse tank. I hope I don't break the tank - I haven't drilled anything since my lesson at the frag fest.

I drilled the 40 gallon seahorse tank for school three times on the back panel right in the middle (one up top for the overflow, one about half way and one about 1/4 of the way up for the closed loop).

I broke a small hex tank when I tried to drill it. Be very very careful and put almost no pressure. Let the drill bit do the job and take your time.

Has anyone drilled a hex before? I need some suggestions for this 52 hex. I was thinking just to put 1 drain hole and one return hole - that should be plenty for a seahorse tank. I hope I don't break the tank - I haven't drilled anything since my lesson at the frag fest.

Why drill a hole for the return? Although I'm sure 2 holes would be fine, I think avoiding holes whenever possbile is a good idea, especially on a return, don't forget it will siphon.

Why drill a hole for the return? Although I'm sure 2 holes would be fine, I think avoiding holes whenever possbile is a good idea, especially on a return, don't forget it will siphon.

I don't like having stuff hanging over the back of the tank.

Boret,

what size hex was the tank (or how big were the panels)? This is a 52g. Sam, was that a hex?