Impeller Assembly for a modified Sedra KSP-5000

cabrego

I think my impeller is going bad do you happen to stock this by any chance??

I dont stock it but it can be ordered from euro reef, let me know if you want me to order you one. It is a special order and will require prepayment.

john

I dont stock it but it can be ordered from euro reef, let me know if you want me to order you one. It is a special order and will require prepayment.

john

Thanks for the info.

If your price is the same as Euroreef's I will go ahead and order strait from them to save us both time. Let me know, thanks.

Thanks for the info.

If your price is the same as Euroreef's I will go ahead and order strait from them to save us both time. Let me know, thanks.

yea, the price will be the same, it would be quicker and easier for you to order direct.

yea, the price will be the same, it would be quicker and easier for you to order direct.

I ordered it a couple of days ago from EuroReef. To bad I noticed later that other websites carry an equivalent impeller for a cheaper price. Search sedra 5000 and save 15 dollars or so.

I ordered it a couple of days ago from EuroReef. To bad I noticed later that other websites carry an equivalent impeller for a cheaper price. Search sedra 5000 and save 15 dollars or so.

The correct one is the one from euro reef, not likeley the others will perform the same.

The ones for $15 are probably not the needlewheel impellers, just the standard. But if you plan on doing the mesh mod, then it'd be better to buy the standard impeller as opposed to cutting the needlewheel.

I read what you wrote wrong... thought you said it was $15, not that you saved $15.

I dont think there's anything special about the ER needlewheel. I'd still do the mesh mod either way...

I read what you wrote wrong... thought you said it was $15, not that you saved $15.

I dont think there's anything special about the ER needlewheel. I'd still do the mesh mod either way...

After many years of trying to understand what makes one skimmer better than another this is what I have come up with as far as impellers. This is from my experience, and I have no interest in having an argument with anyone about this, take it for what its worth please, this is just my belief from my experience.

Every needle wheel brand is different in some way, either pin placement, width, length, variations in any of the aformentioned, diameter of the wheel etc, so yes, I would say the the Euro reef one would perform better in the euroreef skimmer that it has been designed for.

As far as mesh wheel, my experience with them has proven that they are very inconsistent as they wear. If you replace them every 6 months or so, and can do so with the right size with little trouble then maybe you are OK, but in my experience the consistency sucks. Also Deltec, one of the hobbies leading Skimmer manufacterers experimented with mesh wheels 10 years ago, and stayed with the needle wheel, I think that says something right there. Also Bubble king, another leading manufacter uses needle wheels as well. I think you did the best thing for the performance of your skimmer, the heartbeat of your tank...

john