ASM G2 wont collect skim

rawdawg05

I can't get my ASM G2 to collect anything more than the picture below. I have had it for almost a year and I can't get it to work. It is just horrible. I need this thing to work and it wont. I have tried raising it to about 5 inches under water. It is pictured below at about 9 to 10 inches.

I dont know what to do. I have raised the water above the exit return. I have tried to place the fine bubbles at the very top but that didn't work. It just wont work no matter what I do. I have never gotten a full cup of skim no matter what I do.

Posted in two spot because I am not to sure where it would be best. I am just tired and ready to give up. If you can help thanks.

collectioncup10212008.jpg

Collection cup. The most I can skim no matter what

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

What size system is this on? How heavy is the bioload? Not knowing that information I'm going to guess it is pulling out all it can from the system. Do you add buffers or anything like that to your water?

What size system is this on? How heavy is the bioload? Not knowing that information I'm going to guess it is pulling out all it can from the system. Do you add buffers or anything like that to your water?

I agree with Ziggy. I also have a ASM-2 but without the mod. My tank is still new, started up in Dec 08, and I have a light bioload. My collection cup fills to about 1/4" of waste, but then, it's cleaned out every sunday.

Just a thought, but my outlet of the pump is mounted directly into the body of the skimmer, without the 90 deg. elbow. Try that if you haven't already.

Good luck