Dual Dosing?

Bob

I have just set up Drew's dosing pumps for Alk and Ca. So far I am very happy with the results and I am considering adding yet another pump for Mag. I am pretty much maxed out on the electric circuit I am using for the tank. I am wondering if I can dose both the Mag and Ca from the same timer. Both seem to be running about the same amount of time and dosing equal amounts. I have always learned not to dose both at the same time......only in high flow area. Can I dose both at opposite ends of my sump at the same time? The amount entering is only 1.5 ml. per minute of each. I would think at opposite ends in high flow would not seem to be a problem. Anybody....any comment or suggestions? Thanks. Bob

I would think that you could as both are chloride salts, right? I mean magnesium chloride and calcium chloride? Neither should interfere with the other as long as they're from separate sources.

I would think that you could as both are chloride salts, right? I mean magnesium chloride and calcium chloride? Neither should interfere with the other as long as they're from separate sources.

+1