Nano Dosing

Stu

I have a 12g nano cube that has been set up for about 2 years. Over the years, I have tried a number of different dosing options with bigger tanks as well as the nano. I've tried everything from different 2-parts to Probidio to just water changes with a good salt. I'd like to get everyone's experiences with nano dosing (keeping in mind the small water volume and sensitivity to parameters). Lately, I've just gone with regular water changes and seen good results, but I've recently gotten more SPS and would like to maximize growth.

Stu, on a 12g tank I would go with large, regular water changes as you have been. You may also consider topping off with kalk to get the extra ph/alk/calcium boost. As far as dosing, I don't think I'd do it on a 12 gallon. Too much chance of failure, and failure on a nano could be catastrophic as just a small amount of two part could throw your level way out of whack, or cause a major ph spike.

G.

I found that water changes work the best on my tanks, you just have to be consistent with them, I change 10% weekly and I like the growth that I get. I tried the 20% every 2 weeks for 2 months, but my corals didn't seem to like that schedule. I still dose Prodibio in my main tank every 2 weeks, but I think they make a kit specifically for nano's.

Edited by blaze98

I use kalk and dose mg to keep it elevated to the level it should be. Instant Ocean is low in mg. I think when I checked a batch I was going to use for my water change it was around 1110 ppm. I like to keep it up around 1300 ppm.

Edited by Sugar Magnolia