What ever happened to COPPS??

lanman

So I'm surfing frags.org - and what do I see. COPPS Vesuvius monti... COPPS Incredible hulk monti...

Being sold by someone in California! Description: 3rd Generation from John Coppolino in 2005.

So our famous fish guy is famous in coral circles as well!

bob

last time I saw him post corals for sale he was having a baby.... I have a few very nice corals from his tank... his tanks are mind blowing... if you ever have an opportunity you have to go...

He is an engineer with a newborn and keeping... I want to say 4 tanks.... maybe more...

His 180 is one of the nicest tanks in the country if not the world...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=1514248

Edited by reefhunter

He swung by my work a little over a month ago to drop off a couple of frags..He's been busy with his job and his family..ive seen him lurking around here a couple times

Since..

I know John logs on every once in a while - I checked his profile.

The guy selling the Copps Vesuvius even gave me lineage.

Copps Vesuvius came from Jtarmitage (Jeremy) from tfp (Tim) from Copps (John) on RC.

When I bought my Sunset Montipora frag from Copps - it was the largest he had sold. It was one of my first corals, and I have NO idea how I kept it alive.

John - you will be glad to know that I have produced well over 20 square inches of sunset montipora from that frag!! Come to think of it - I have 20 inches now, so probably more like 40. Probably growing in more than 30 tanks.

bob