Help cutting acryllic

DCDeacon

No Wally, but the Beav rings a bell  :D

Hey Pete, your piece is cut and by my door when your ready!

Thanks again Chip!

It's usually a lot easier to just do a smooth top on the overflow boxes and if your really H-E-double-hockey-sticks bent on keeping things out of the sump then just glue on some of the plastic mesh.  Even with teeth "critters" inevitably make it down the pipe.  Unless you have a cnc router getting those teeth just right takes a lot of care(depending on how wide they are) unless you have a good template.

JMO

• 1 month later...
Guest TomWalton

Teeth are really no trouble if you've got a router table and a decent indexed fence.  (see pics of my DIY sump - URL below)

I'm new to the reef hobby, but I've got a pretty complete cabinet shop in my garage (cabinet saw, bandsaw, jointer, router table, etc.).  I'd be happy to exchange shop time for advice on tank management and critters.  I'm in Falls Church.  Drop me a note if you need some acrylic mangled.

--Tom

homepage.mac.com/tlwalton/PhotoAlbum7.html

Guest TomWalton

thanks, Ireland; it only leaked a little, and for only a little while;  and its mostly straight.  

Filling it with water makes it look much better.

I also ended up building an overflow box with a standpipe to accomodate the noisy bulkhead drain in my tank.  

So much for artistic woodturning; the shop is full of plastic.  ;)

I'll be out of the country next week, and not on the net much.  I'll be back in action when I return.

--tom