Aquacontroller question

trble81

This may be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway...

Where's the best place to put the temperature probe of the AC? I would imagine that it would be the display tank because you'll want THAT to be at your optimum temperature and not your sump where you'll contend with heat generated from other equipment (including the heater itself). I'll be using other temp probes to observe the display and sump just in case the temp probe on the AC fails.

Thanks in advance!

This may be a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway...

Where's the best place to put the temperature probe of the AC? I would imagine that it would be the display tank because you'll want THAT to be at your optimum temperature and not your sump where you'll contend with heat generated from other equipment (including the heater itself). I'll be using other temp probes to observe the display and sump just in case the temp probe on the AC fails.

Thanks in advance!

I would put the sensor and heater in the same location; either both in the display or both in the sump.

Unless you have a teeny return pump and a very low turnover rate, I'll bet your sump and display temperatures are almost exactly the same.

Jon