The other 29g Biocube

bamainva

Going to start tracking the growth of the other 29g Biocube that I have. I switched over to T5s almost a month ago and decided to start a tank thread on it.

Current livestock...

Canary Blenny

Neon Goby

Carpenter Wrasse

YWG

So here are some pictures that hopefully over time I can go back and either say..that was a small tank (if I upgrade) or that is some impressive growth.

FTS 2.2.09

gallery_2631497_550_26855.jpg

Nucs

gallery_2631497_550_178257.jpg

Some RPE and green polyp colt coral I believe (my pics are definitely not the best)

gallery_2631497_550_200834.jpg

My GSP wall

gallery_2631497_550_9486.jpg

Some new things I was able to get since upgrading the lights... :-)

gallery_2631497_550_20256.jpg

Thanks,

Mike

Pictures of this tank dont do it justice. One of the nicest Nanos I have seen!

Pictures of this tank dont do it justice. One of the nicest Nanos I have seen!

Thanks...yeah once my wife gets her new camera I'll have to use that... :-)

hi!

Very nice nano tank. I was thinking of setting up a BC14 with T5 lights. Did you buy a fixture or is it a DIY lighting?

Niki,

I ended up buying the fixture...Nova Extreme. It was pretty diffucult finding a 20in t5 fixture. You are limited on the bulbs...have only found a few 16.5in T5 lights.

Thanks

Mike

Niki,

The stand that came with the 29g biocube.

Thanks

Mike

I see. I need a stand for the 24 gallon but I don't want to buy the stand that comes with it. But I am afraid if I buy any stand it would collaspe because of the weight from the nano.

I see. I need a stand for the 24 gallon but I don't want to buy the stand that comes with it. But I am afraid if I buy any stand it would collaspe because of the weight from the nano.

Agreed...that was a concern when I had the 12g aquapod it didn't look as stable as the BC 29. I always got nervous when the kids would get close to the tank. I think the the stand that came with the BC 29 is sturdy and I haven't had any issues with it. Are you still looking at the BC 14?

Mike

I have a 12g Nano Cube stand that I got for Christmas but I cant use it - i actually have a 12g

This is the one I have if anyone wants to buy it - Its set up but I never put my tank on it since the dimensions are slightly off and I was afraid the bottom many not be supported properly.

This is the one I have: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...mp;pcatid=11684

Agreed...that was a concern when I had the 12g aquapod it didn't look as stable as the BC 29. I always got nervous when the kids would get close to the tank. I think the the stand that came with the BC 29 is sturdy and I haven't had any issues with it. Are you still looking at the BC 14?

Mike

The seller for the BC14 is MIA so I found a member on here that is selling his 24 JBJ Nano cube and I am going to go that route. Now if I can only find a stand for it :wacko:

Edited by st9z

I have a 12g Nano Cube stand that I got for Christmas but I cant use it - i actually have a 12g

This is the one I have if anyone wants to buy it - Its set up but I never put my tank on it since the dimensions are slightly off and I was afraid the bottom many not be supported properly.

This is the one I have: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...mp;pcatid=11684

if only it was big enough for the 24g i would have taken it off ur hands :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Adding an updated FTS and also a DIY Topoff that i put in here, since the evaporation has gradually increased.

Full Tank Shot

gallery_2631497_550_53673.jpg

Just a miscellanous shot

gallery_2631497_550_7535.jpg

Here is a pic of the top off...it holds about a gallon of water, so it gives me a week worth of top offs. I put the float in the 3rd chamber of the biocube, so far it has been keeping the salintiy around 1.026-1.027.

gallery_2631497_550_78601.jpg

gallery_2631497_550_37798.jpg

Thanks

Mike

IS that a koralia nano you are using in there? IF so are you happy with it? If not what is it?

Actually have both a Koralia 1 and a Nano. I just added the Nano a couple weeks ago to get some additional flow. In my other 29g biocube I am just running a 1 and am very happy with it. I had a nano in my 12g aquapod and was very pleased with it. I didn't think it was enough for the 29g though.

Thanks

Mike