What do you guys use to dip corals?

reefhunter

I use Revive.

However, none of these treatments kill the eggs of AEFW, montipora eating nudibranchs, or zoanthid eating nudibranchs. IMO, this is what gets most people infested. We kill the mobile pests with a dip, put the corals in our tank, and have an outbreak when the eggs hatch.

Jon

I use Revive.

However, none of these treatments kill the eggs of AEFW, montipora eating nudibranchs, or zoanthid eating nudibranchs. IMO, this is what gets most people infested. We kill the mobile pests with a dip, put the corals in our tank, and have an outbreak when the eggs hatch.

Jon

Jon,

Do you QT your corals? If so, how long?

What do you dip incoming corals into to kill ALL bugs?

Remove and throw away all base material then scrape away any leftover possible egg holding areas on the coral itself

interceptor bath 6hrs+

TMPCC 10-15min at 2 x normal dose

Revive 10-15min at way over normal dose (10-15ml in 600ml) (this does knock off and

melt/kill AEFW + nudibranchs and if you skipped the interceptor step will make red bugs run around with their pants on fire

and some will float thus making it clear that they are there - get interceptor to kill them)

Keep in a non display tank for a few weeks and dip in strong Revive again before moving to display

I am also now experimenting with levamisole and pure grade praziquentel that I use for discus

All of the above is still a learning experience for me and use at your own risk - I have lost new corals

from too much dipping, but rather do that than get bugs. As a new comer to this hobby I find it amazing

that relatively little attention is being paid commercially for ways to a more precise method of chemically

solving pest problems on newly bought corals. It's like a dentist telling you that you don't have

to brush your teeth.